Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Friday Interview: Silas Armstrong

Durch die letzten zwei Songs “Giving up” und vor allem “Lost on you”, einem meiner Lieblingssongs, erregte Silas unsere Aufmerksamkeit und wir wissen es wirklich zu schätzen, dass er sich Zeit genommen hat und unsere Fragen beantwortet hat. Hier ist Silas Armstrong und er lässt uns wissen, wer ihn beeinflusst hat, was er in der Vergangenheit ändern würde und was er in Zukunft vorhat. Danke, Silas.


Who inspired you to make music?

My parents. They were in a new romantic band in the 80s. Ever since I was a child I always wanted to make music, be on stage and do what they did.


What is your creative process like?

I've learned to write about what I know. It usually takes me a couple of days of looking for inspiration before I find something I truly want to write about, then the lyrics start to flow and the rhythm dictates the melody. I was a drummer for many years so I find the rhythm dictates everything. I like to have the song fully formed on piano and vocals before I take it to the studio, this way I feel confident the song is strong on its own without the production. Even in the studio the music and lyrics can be changing. The song is never finished until it is released and set in stone. 


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

So many people, I love collaborating with anyone for the experience and the chance to learn from each other, but if I had to choose I would say Pasek and Paul, songwriters of The Greatest Showman.


What is the most useless talent you have?

Procrastination, if you can call that a talent. 


What is the most useful talent you have?

Networking. I love getting to know people and finding opportunities to work and grow together. This has been the main thread throughout my music career.


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

Brexit.


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

It disrupted everything and brought with it new opportunities for good and bad. I have a love/hate relationship with social media. I have built a career because of it, I hate what it has done to society but I also see the positive change social media and the internet has enabled.


What’s next for you?

Continue to make music, produce videos and collaborate with other artists. Keep pushing and growing and hope that one day I can make a living from my music alone. 


What do you know about Austria?

I know the people are very friendly! I have been to Vienna once on a tour with Disney artist TINI and I would love to go back and explore the entire country. I love travelling, I miss discovering other countries and meeting new people.


What is the message you want to give to your listeners?

I make music that means something to me, I hope it can mean something to others too. 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist