Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Saturday Interview: Ophelia's Eden

"I am a singer/musician and producer so I record my music in my studio. I absolutely love creating music and I'm so proud of what I do",sagt sie von sich selbst und wir finden, das darf sie. Eine großartige Künstlerin stand uns Rede und Antwort und hier ist sie: Ophelia’s Eden. Vielen Dank.

Who inspired you to make music?

From a young age I was always around music, my dad sings and plays the guitar and was always entertaining his friends who came round! And my mum plays the piano and we were lucky enough to have a piano in the house when I was growing up. I let out a lot of steam on that beauty! 


What is your creative process like?

More than often I'll be walking down the road, in the shower or when I used to work in hospitality, my mind would wander and a beautiful melody will piece itself together in my head. At work, I used to hide in cupboards to quickly record a voice note before I forgot it. 

Now that I work full time in my studio I usually come up with the instrumentals first, and then record myself singing random things over this, then re-write the lyrics after! I've started making live sessions every Tuesday to show people my creative process in the studio and how I record and create tracks. 


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Oooooooooo wow! Quincy Jones for sure!!! He is the absolute don of composing and arranging. The fact that he writes out all of the scores for the instrument parts blows my mind as well! Of course, I'm dreaming, but I would learn so much working with him, and it would be an unforgettable experience. 

I would also love to collaborate with James Blake. He is so versatile, and someone who has inspired me since he first released his self-titled album in 2011 (I would have been 14 then!). I can hear that Blake is also inspired by jazz and classical music but executes all of this electronically. I love the raw emotions in his voice and songs. 


What is the most useless talent you have?

hhmmm... I would probably say my ability to make a mess 😂


What is the most useful talent you have?

I would say that I'm good at talking to anyone and every one, this helps me build good connections with people and it's also something that makes me an excellent teacher! 


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

It's something that still happens today, but if I had the power I would stop people from enslaving another. 


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

It's an amazing tool we can use to promote ourselves and find success as independent artists!  But, sometimes it feels like a minefield and something that takes up time that I'd rather use going for walks, reading, and just away from my phone. There are definitely positives and negatives. 


What’s next for you?

This summer I'm looking to put together a band to perform live! Very excited about that :D I'm releasing 3 more singles aswell this summer, followed by a mixtape in the Autumn. I've also been working on an electronica EP as well as a chill jazz EP. The best thing about recording and mixing all of my own music is that I have so many songs ready to release!


What do you know about Austria?

I was actually born in your neighboring country, Germany! Living on the outskirts of Munich, I was a Bavarian girl for 6 years! We used to come to Austria every year, to a place called Radstadt! Austria is full of beauty, I'd love to visit again one day!


Why "Ophelia's Eden", is there a story behind the name?

In the Shakespear novel, Hamlet, Ophelia is portrayed as a helpless woman who drowns herself in the river. In the story of Adam and Eve (the Eden part of the name) Eve is portrayed as a easily mislead. I think both of these stories convey that women are weak. We should all know that in reality, this isn't true. 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist