Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Artist: Brandon Wade - "Dance again"



"Dance Again" bietet dem Hörer eine nachdenkliche und etwas andere Sichtweise auf erfolglose Beziehungen, diskutiert dabei Herausforderungen und Schwierigkeiten der Einseitigkeit. Gesang und Intrumentierung ergänzen sich dabei immer wieder wunderbar, für sein Erstlingswerk hat er die Latte sehr hoch gelegt, wenn das erst der Anfang war werden wir in Zukunft noch einiges von Brandon Wade hören. So we have to say Achtung: Here comes Brandon Wade for the first time ...and I'm sure not for the last time. Thanks Brandon!

Spotify




The Interview


Who inspired you to make music?

Music has always been a part of my life. I have always been immersed in music from singing songs in the grocery store to listening to music on car rides with my parents. My interest in writing music began in High School. The youth band at my church was rather popular and we often got together to write our own songs to share with our congregation. 

Those are some of my fondest memories, long weekends sequestered together, just sharing ideas. After college, I began to try to work on my own music as well. Using my experiences and my point of view to tell my story and interact with the world.


What is your creative process like?

Typically, I never set out to write a specific song with a specific meaning or topic. I may hear a word or phrase and my mind will continue it out in the most logical manner. Many of the songs I have written have begun from a meaningful phrase that sparked inspiration. Others come about from melodies I hear or came up with randomly or from the world around me. Many times, I can hear words that make sense in the melodies that I write and my mind takes over from there, creating a flow that guides my process.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

There are so many artists I would absolutely love to collaborate with one day. People like Nick Wilson, Kevin Garrett, Penny & Sparrow are all just amazing artists. They all have in common, besides their immense talent, the intense and meaningful lyrics they write. It's crazy how simple or seemingly obscure lyrics can have such a profound impact on listeners. 

Getting inside their brains and understanding what makes them tick would be absolutely wonderful. If I were to pick just one artist to collaborate with it would absolutely be Johnnyswim. Abner and Amanda are amazing people on top of being world-renowned talents. They are my biggest inspiration as far as an artist model of how I want to carry on my craft. It would be a dream to write a song with them and sharing a stage with them would be heaven.


What is the most useful talent you have?

My ability to learn is probably my most useful talent. I have always loved learning new things. I love learning from people and being able to get insight on different ways to approach something or new techniques to implore in whatever I'm working on. 

This helps so much with music because there are so many different ways to do something. It is so interesting to learn what pros do and incorporate bits and pieces into my workflow to create something unique.


...and of course, your most useless talent is?

My most useless talent would be my self-doubt. I don't know if this counts as a talent, but I definitely feel like I push myself through storms rather skillfully. There are many times during projects or even just practicing that I get so hard on myself. I have such high expectations for myself and when I don't meet them, I get very down on myself. 

I think most, if not all, musicians go through this from time to time. I think it's a product of determination, imagination, and motivation and those who have the right amount of each of those qualities will excel in everything they put their mind to. 


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

One thing I would change would be piano lessons. I wish I had begged my parents for piano lessons as a child. I started learning instruments in middle school, rather late compared to most. I feel like I could have progressed faster if I started lessons at an earlier age and gotten many of the fundamentals and dexterity/mobility figured out and committed to muscle memory. I still work on piano often, it's just definitely something that I wish I had gotten started at much sooner.


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

The music industry has changed forever thanks to social media and the internet. Listeners have access to all the music they could ever want at any time. Making demand that much more heavy for new music from artists, causing more and more artists to put out music quicker. This creates more singles and EPs and fewer full-scale albums. Work is rushed, more so than in the past, to ensure that the listener is still interested in your work. 

The Internet has allowed the music industry to become more inclusive as artists don't have to run to a label to get their music heard by the masses. Platforms like YouTube and Tiktok have created ways for the average person to be discovered and amass a following straight from their bedroom. Because people have easier access to the industry now, it does make it harder to weed through the noise of all the other artists to make yourself heard. 

Marketing oneself becomes vitally important as many artists start solo, without a team or resources to help develop their brand, which due othe internet becomes just as important as music.


What do you know about Austria?

Austria is a place enriched and enhanced by music. From composers like Mozart, Haydn, and Schubert, Austria has always been a mecha of greatness when it comes to music and art in general.  (I have a background in classical music :))


Brandon Wade is...?

Brandon Wade is a 25-year-old introvert who simply loves music and what it brings to the world. Many of my favorite people and experiences in the world have come about because of music and I am forever grateful for what I have been in my life. I use my music to connect to my world and understand it in ways that I may not otherwise express. I long to create music that connects deeply with my listeners just like the music of my favorite artists has done for me.


What’s next for you?

This is only the beginning. I have much more music on the way, so make sure you subscribe and follow me on social media and Spotify to hear new much whenever it comes out.


Artists of the Week! - The Playlist