Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Artist: Fish and Scale - "Unmask myself"

 

Unmask myself

"Unmask Myself" ist die zweite Single aus dem Album "You Can Call Me LOVE". Es gibt im Bereich der Musik so einige Themen die man vortragen kann, will oder auch möchte. "Die Anleitung um Glück zu finden" wird dabei, meines Erachtens, eher doch selten gewählt. Sich für Ehrlichkeit zu entscheiden, vor allem ehrlich sich selbst gegenüber zu sein, aus dem "Everyday's Carneval" auszubrechen, die selbst auferlegten oder auch gesellschaftlich geforderten Rollen abzulegen, sich zu demaskieren, authentisch zu sein und den Weg zum Ursprung, den man wahrscheinlich irgendwann in der Kindheit respektive Jugend verlassen hat, wieder zu finden.

Wenn all diese Barrieren in den Hintergrund treten, ihre Wichtigkeit verlieren, dann bleibt der Mensch im Vordergrund und vielleicht ist oder war das schon immer der Schlüssel zum Glück. Mit "Unmask myself" verleitet uns Roland Wälzlein aka Fish and Scale zum Nachdenken. So we have to say Achtung: Listen carfully, you could discover your luck.





Fish And Scale - A unique German storyteller

In 2019, Fish And Scale was already very successful with the "Songs from the Inner Child" from his last EP on the "Inner Child" tour through Germany and the Benelux countries.

Roland describes his music as Independent Folk Music with a mystical touch. It differs from conventional "folk music" in many aspects. Be it the intense voice, some say you can discover a Mick Jagger coloring, as well as the often unusual song structure, which wonderfully underlines the created mood of depth and authenticity.

As you immerse yourself in the songs of Fish And Scale a deeper dimension of music comes into play, which roots in the mystical secret of life. With his outstanding musical potential, his open-hearted, amiable way of inspiring people and a lot of contagious soulfulness Fish And Scale is now well on the way to making it big internationally.

Fish and Scale - Spotify




The Interview

Who inspired you to make music?

Noone, just wanted to make music to be a Rockstar one day :-) I think any kind of art is listening to one's inner creator. Without knowing of it at that time, music for me is an expression of my inner creator and I am listening to him more and more. I'm sure I'm influenced by Bob Dylan or Neil Young, but I've found my own style and I feel very comfortable with it :-) 


What is your creative process like?

Best case is, when it comes, when it takes only a very short time. Such an intense creative phase is always a blessing. And it is always combined with tears. I call it a wonderful cry. There is no sadness, just pure overwhelming emotions, laughing and crying at the same time. When that happens, I know the song is a good one, because it comes from a deeper place in me. 


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Don’t know, there must be an understanding, maybe David Bowie if he would still live.


What is the most useful talent you have?

I am sensitive


...and of course your most useless talent is?

I am good in getting lost in foreign cities


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

There is nothing to change 


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

...like everything in the world outside, there are always two sides of the coin. Social media is wonderful as a platform to promote my music, on the other side if i am not aware enough there is also a pull into it, to get lost in this virtuality


What do you know about Austria?

Holiday, Alps, Vienna, Falco, Hannes Wader, I am from Bavaria 


Fish and Scale is....? 

My name is Roland Wälzlein aka Fish And Scale. the artist name is an hint to my zodiac signs (pisces and ascendent libra ) I live in Fürth in Bavaria/Germany.


What’s next for you?

To release my new album „You can call me LOVE“ on 28th May :-) After that I am going to tour through Austria :-)


SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist