Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

The Artists: Axtron, James Somnym - "Sunshine Riptide"

Today we have a great new release from Axtron. "Sunshine Riptide" convinced me by the melody and the selected sounds they used in this track. Everything is fresh and trendy, with a little luck this could be the right step into a pre summer smash banger for the clubs. The whole production is really good arranged. So we have to say Achtung: Here comes the new smash hit from Axtron ft. James Somnym.


We also have had the chance to ask them a little bit about their influences, how they work or useless talents, so here is the interview with the guys. 




Who inspired you to make music?

Axtron: NCS Artists like warriyo , sub urban , Electro-light , JPB , Marin hoxha and alott more of them 
James: I got inspired by so many artists, but just started because of Martin Garrix' progressive house songs. I saw them and tried to make something in some loops apps, my first contact with music (play music) was with an app called Super Pads Lights in the beginning of 2018, and in the beginning of 2019 I started producing my first songs.

What can we expect from your new release "Sunshine Riptide"?

Axtron: Just back with some madness , nothing much but it's pretty lovable song

How was it to collaborate with Axtron, James?

James: It was pretty good, I love him so much as a friend, our style combine so much, he is a good guy.

What is your creative process like?

Axtron: Most of people spend their time on Netflix nowadays , but I instead go and watch some YouTube tutorials and get inspired , then I can't stop thinking about it , so finally I make whole song in my head and then get to my bedroom studio and start working on it with some musician friend of mine 
James: Everything that I hear, when I hear an ad or a meme, or anything, when a little part of a melody be in my head, I bring it a whole song, and then I start producing it, my creative mind helps me.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Axtron: Anybody whos ready to come out of comfort zone and try new stuff In music

What is the most useful talent you have?

Axtron: To say , I m not talented , I m just passionate and curious about a lot of thing that people call as talent , from that certain perspective most useful talent is music production for sure
James: Create a whole song with a 2 sec's of an ad idea.

...and of course your most useless talent is?

Axtron: Good at math , yes I m really good at math I am raised by a divorced single mother , she is professionally a physics lecturer And she wants me to work in research areas of science its useful just to make make my mother happy but honestly I don't want to take science as a profession instead I wanna make a living on music and hence math is most useless talent
James: Putting my fingers upside down, it's pretty confusing to explain, but that's something that I can do that doesn't improve anything in my life haha!

If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

Axtron: I m just glad how my life had been and if someone asks me If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?? I would love to live me life the same again without an changes here or there

How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

Axtron: Without the internet I couldn't have started making music , everything related to music happened because of internet , I got some amazing musical friends like James Somnym (producer) , Dj Manozn (producer) , FCH (producer) , kidshazam (rapper) all because of internet , and the labels I signed are all online so yes , internet plays a bigg role in the life of Axtron

What do you know about Austria?

Axtron: I heard about Fortress Hohensalzburg Schönbrunn Palace , St. Stephen's Cathedral and The Hofburg , I got to know about these places from a distant friend of mine , would really love to visit these places and meet people there

Axtron is...?

Axtron:  being born in a tredtional country of India , it's cliche that parents name their kids after indian gods , but me being an atheist towards indian gods ,  I don't like my name so had to create an alias for myself. The first thing I had an aim of being is an astronaut and hence from there I derived the name Axtron 

James Somnym is...?

James: I'm a 14 years old producer, started with a cellphone making music, then while the time was going I got my notebook, my bud haha! It's with me since 2 years ago, like a lot kinds of songs, EDM, Rock, Pop, Reggaeton, Brazillian songs.

What’s next for you?

Axtron: I m in the final year of school , just few months left ( maybe 1 or 2 ) after it , gotta go with the flow in personal life and when it comes to Music then I have to do some stuff like artist rebranding ( changing the looks of how I m gonna show up as Axtron ) aiming for few more signing few more record labels by the end of this year

What's the most important thing in your life, James?

James: My mom and my dad.

What’s next for you, James?

James: Bring them a good life, that they don't need to work, anything like that, just wake up happy and live their life happy.

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist