Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

The Saturday Interview: Graham Coe

 


Mit "Here I am" hat uns der Irische Singer-und Songwriter mehr als positiv überrascht. Da wollten wir natürlich mehr über den aus Wicklow stammenden Künstler erfahren. Kurzerhand haben wir angefragt und er war zu unserem Glück dazu bereit uns einige Fragen zu beantworten. Danke Mr. Coe and "Here he is": Graham Coe.   Graham Coe - Spotify



Who inspired you to make music?

I think both my mother and my two brothers inspired me in making music. Mum played the organ in our local church and she has always sung in choirs and she encouraged me to sing from a very early age. My brother Ron was in various bands and before I even started learning to play the guitar I would go and see him play gigs in various venues in Dublin and I just loved the excitement of it. My other brother Victor is also a singer and he loves music immensely. He sings in St.Patrick's cathedral in Dublin and he has a beautiful booming bass voice so ultimately my family influenced me in making music as it was all around me really.


What is your creative process like?

This might be cliched but I don't really have a set process in a way although a lot of the time I would start with the lyrics and the sentiment from the words will then dictate the music that follows. I would generally write the lyrics first, then put down the chords progressions and layer up the vocals and any other melodic parts. Songs can come from anywhere at times though as I might have a melody bouncing around my head and I'd just have to put it down as a voice memo so i won't forget it. I'd then come back to it and try and develop it.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

If Jeff Buckley was still alive I'd love to collaborate with him but there's a few current artists such as Mick Flannery and Declan O'Rourke that I'd love to work with. There's so many I'd love to work with that I'd end up writing a novel to answer that question.


What is the most useless talent you have?

Sometimes I think singing and playing guitar is my most useless talent as I have a love/hate relationship with it due to the instability of it as a career and sporadic nature of earning money from it. 😅😅😅


What is the most useful talent you have?

On the flipside singing has given me the opportunity to make a living (for the most part) from something I love so I feel lucky that way. 


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

To stop worrying and calm that anxious head.


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

I think the internet has given musicians mixed blessings. On one hand it's amazing how many musicians can get their music out to the world from their own bedroom but the advent of streaming has made it very difficult for independent artists to make any money. Social media has certainly allowed artists to connect with their audience in a much more intimate way and has made the fan/artist relationship more personal and less mysterious. Is that a good thing though? Hard to know!


What’s next for you?

I'm going to continue to write and release new songs. I'm also looking forward to a summer of meeting friends, family and enjoying being out in the garden. Fingers crossed I might even get a few gigs in too!


What do you know about Austria?

Austria always provokes an image of spectacular scenery with snow capped hills and beautiful mountains. I visited Vienna many years ago and I remember it as being a beautiful city and a place I'd love to visit again. It's also steeped in classical music and some of the most famous composers originate from there. Can't forget about the terminator too (Arnold swar............). Sorry I can't spell the surname but you know who I'm talking about.


Graham Coe is ....?

I live in the hills in the picturesque county of Wicklow, Ireland. Music and gardening are my passion. I love people and finding out their stories and interests. Everyone has a story to tell and has lived a novel! I have been a forester, a gardener, a tree surgeon (I was terrible at that) but I am always a musician and a proud father of three beautiful kids.

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist