Skip to main content

Featured

The Fear of Omnipresent Observation: ‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry

‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry On this very Friday, we whisk you away into the sublime yet shadow-laden realm of Goth Rock, where the heart of Post-Punk beats incessantly. The Silence Industry has recently set a benchmark with ‘The Crawling Eye’ that other artists will find difficult to surpass in the foreseeable future. Endowed with an impressive back catalog,  The Silence Industry approaches a topic of grave seriousness in their latest release. The track addresses omnipresent surveillance, shedding light on its profound implications as well as the personal apprehensions it evokes.   Musically, Graham Jackson creates a scene of distressing perfection, where elements of Death-Rock leave us breathless and the fear of omnipresent observation becomes palpable. Driven by a dark Post-Punk aura, Graham rises with a performance at the microphone that recalls memories of Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke). The artist not only succeeds in maintaining the tension for nearly seven minutes b

The Sunday Interview: SEAFEI

 


Wir kennen und schätzen ihn seit seiner Single "Colombo", vor kurzer Zeit erschien  mit "Light" ein neuer Track. Genauso gut, genauso einzigartig. Und jetzt ist er bei uns zum Interview Seafei. Thanks for your time and for your great music.


Who inspired you to make music?

My biggest inspiration will always be John Frusciante. After first hearing him play about 20 years ago, I simply had to learn to play guitar. From there, music has played a big part in my life and I continue to explore it with as many genres as possible. For right now though, I’m taking a lot of inspiration from Bonobo & Christian Loffler. 


What is your creative process like?

I like to try and use memories or an image to to give an idea of when I want to create. So with this track Colombo, it was a trip I took to Sri Lanka a few years back, I wanted to try and portray the beauty of the country through music. The majority of my tracks start with a chord pattern that I like, either on the guitar or piano then from there I’ll start working in Logic to build on that. I try to use lots of organic sounding percussion and drum sounds to fill out the track. I feel like sample choice is probably the most important aspect, if you can find a sound you like in an audio clip, that can change the whole track. 


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

For collaboration, right now it would be Bonobo or I’d love to get some vocals from Sampha, that guys voice is just amazing. 


What is the most useless talent you have?

I can’t really think of a useless talent but a useful talent is that I can speak Chinese (quite badly though). 


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

If I could change things it would be to not care so much about what other people think, easier said than done though. 


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

Overall I think it’s a positive impact, there are so many opportunities now for new people to hear your music all over the world. The only downside of course is that there are millions of other people also trying to get their music heard so it’s tough. I’m optimistic that if you keep making good music, it will find the right people eventually. 


What’s next for you?

Next up I have a new single out on April 23rd called Light, It’s a bit more of an organic house inspired track so I’m excited for people to hear that. 


What do you know about Austria?

Austria, it’s somewhere I have unfortunately never been but I’d love to visit. I don’t know a huge amount besides you have some very beautiful mountains, lakes and forests oh and I believe majority of people speak German? 


Why "Seafei", is there a story behind the name?

I have a real love of the sea, even since I was a child and it’s somewhere I always feel very at peace so that’s where that part comes from. Then fei is Chinese pinyin for ’to fly’ as I love to travel (though obviously not recently!). So both together I ended up with Seafei. 


SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist