Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Thursday Interview: AYDREN

 


Mit "After the Fall" überzeugte er uns von seinen Qualitäten als zukünftiger Hitlieferant. Wohldurchdachtes EDM Arrangement trifft hier den Nerv der Zeit und sorgt für einen trendigen Sound. Der Amerikaner mit philippinischen Wurzeln wird wohl auch in Zukunft auf sich aufmerksam machen, und so sind wir stolz ihm jetzt schon ein paar Fragen stellen zu können. Thanks Aydren for your time!

Aydren - Spotify


Who inspired you to make music?

My main influences within the genre that I work in would have to be Jon Bellion, Avicii, Gryffin, and Illenium. But outside those bounds, I love to incorporate 2000's indie vocals like Death Cab for Cutie and Never Shout Never


What is your creative process like?

It usually starts with just generating a simple loop/beat/idea on my computer, and then singing random gibberish and saving any melody that sticks. If I can just lock down 16 bars of a solid melody, I can usually write the rest of the song rather quickly! 


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

As mainly a vocalist, melody-writer, and lyricist - I think my dream collab would be a producer like Avicii RIP. He knew how to craft amazing tracks and maximize the other performers on his records.


What is the most useless talent you have?

I can eat the same meal for weeks without a problem


What is the most useful talent you have?

Writing really good emails! It's amazing what a well crafted email can do for you when it comes to pitching playlists, booking shows, and making connections :) 


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

I'd have started trading stocks right when I turned 18 and invested heavily into MSFT, AAPL, TSLA. Yeah it's a basic answer, but with what I know now i'd have raked in quite a bit XD


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

Social media thankfully has democratized the music creation process! I love it when anyone can create hits from their own homes without the need of a record label to push them into the mainstream. Yeah it's a lot of work to build your own fanbases, but anything fruitful in life takes effort.


What’s next for you?

I plan to produce, sing, and write more throughout this year, as I received a creative awakening earlier this year! Got about three new songs in the works and almost ready for release!


What do you know about Austria?

A decent amount :) Ich habe studiert Deutsch in der Universitat und wir haben ein wenig über Osterreich gelernt ;) I loved the film 'Woman in Gold', in which a majority of the plot takes place in Austria. It focuses on the painting of Adele Bloch-Bauer and the legal battle to reclaim the painting after it was stolen by the Nazis in the war.


Aydren is ....?

I'm a proud Filipino-American born to immigrants and I've been making music since I was 16! After college I started my artist project 'Aydren', which is just an alternate spelling of my first name 'Adrian' :) I basically looked for domain names to register and aydren.com was available haha. I currently don't use the domain, but the name still stuck. 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist