Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

The Tuesday Interview: Sunstroke Rain


Ihre aktuelle Single "Go Greta", a tribute to Greta Thunberg, sorgte dafür dass sie bei uns auf dem Radar in Erscheinung trat. "As the subject matter is heavy, I wanted to introduce lightness and feelings of hope, reflected in it’s danceability through music", sagte sie. Wir wollten natürlich in Erfahrung bringen wer hinter diesem Projekt steckt respektive die Fäden zieht. 
Und es ist Karin Turesson, aus Malmö. We have to say, Thanks a lot for your time, Karin. Now we know a little bit more about you.   Sunstroke Rain - Spotify


Who inspired you to make music?

Very early my piano teacher encouraged me to that. It’s been quite a natural thing from the beginning, I listened daily to music at my mothers knee.


What is your creative process like?

Nowadays I go out in the park close to my home, sometimes with some beats in my phone , and often it starts there. If some nice phrases turn up I record them in my phone - it’s like going fishing, sometimes I walk home very happy with my catch:-)


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

I guess there are many...but I discovered a producer called Redinho recently, I would like to make a song with him. Really big stars that I would like to collab with; Little dragon, Janelle Monae to name a few


What is the most useless talent you have?

Sometimes paying attention to details that don't matter, loosing time with that...


What is the most useful talent you have? 

Beside music I am quite gritty, I move on despite a lot of resistance.


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

To start my own project earlier, I helped others with their stuff a bit too long...


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

It's very much about to be ”seen” , before it was more about to be ”heard”, you listened, in the first place. Pictures/videos didn't exist like today except of cover art and some photos / posters. A good thing is that you can reach out to your audience directly, even if it's a tough struggle... you’re competing with all artists and wannabe artists in the world at the same time.


What’s next for you?

I’m working on a album:-)


What do you know about Austria?

I don’t know so much about Austria, but you have an interesting history, ( I will study it one day, It's on my list "what-to-do-when-I-get-old:"-) You have very good cakes, and I’ve also heard about nice vintage furniture and things and ZAWINUL is from Austria! Still very impressed by that guy, what a brain and interesting mind he had!


What is the message you want to give to your listeners?

If you like what I do, please follow, show others, share etc. It's important and crucial to get more gigs and possibilities to perform and to be able to continue. I'll provide a button on my web page to subscribe to a newsletter, so I can be in contact with all nice persons out there....:-))

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist