Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Artist: Josh Holmes - "Picture Perfect"




Josh Holmes

Josh Holmes is an upcoming artist based in Coventry, UK. Josh has been working within the music industry for the past few years, and has recently decided to take the plunge and write, record and release his own solo music. Throughout university, Josh set up his own music management company and has used that to support and guide other local and upcoming musicians with in the local area. Josh also works as a sound engineer and tour crew where he’s toured with the likes of Take That and James TW on multiple UK dates.
Off the back of the success of his last release, "Can’t Stop Thinking About You", received multiple plays on BBC Introducing, Josh continues his musical journey and continues to push the boundaries in creating his sound with this third instalment of the 7 singles he has planned for 2021.




Picture Perfect

"If you've ever dreamt about the perfect life with the perfect partner then this song is for you" -Josh Holmes-. Mit einer emotionalen Akustik-Ballade, in der es darum geht, das perfekte Leben mit jemanden in deinem Kopf zu erschaffen, mit dem du den Rest deines Lebens verbringen möchtest, aber nicht weißt, ob er dich auch so sehr liebt wie du, meldet sich Josh Holmes zurück.
Es gibt diese Lieder, welche einen gewissen Charme haben bzw. mitbringen oder ausstrahlen, wie auch immer es man nennen mag. Und "Picture perfect" fällt für mich genau in diese Kategorie (ein klassisches Beispiel: "Song for whoever" von The Beautiful South, Ende der 80er/Anfang der 90er Jahre). Was ich besonders daran mag, ist, dass es genau den richtigen Grad an Verspieltheit mitbringt. Irgendwo zwischen "pretty sweet but perfect" liegt Josh's neuestes Werk "Picture perfect". So we have to say Achtung: Josh Holmes is here to fascinate you and maybe he will enchant you as well.



The Interview

Who inspired you to make music?

I’ve always been fairly musical. I started playing piano from a very young age and learnt drums from the age of 11. The first time I remember being inspired to create my own music was when I went to see The Script live in Birmingham in 2013. It was my first ever gig and that was what inspired me to learn guitar and start writing my own music.

What or who inspired you to “Picture Perfect”?

Picture Perfect is all about creating that ‘Picture Perfect Life’ in your head about someone you might like to spend the rest of your life with. It’s inspired by a girl I work with at one of my jobs, and how you get to know someone more and more over time but you’re not sure if they feel the same way.

What is your creative process like?

I usually start writing songs by picking up a guitar or sitting at a keyboard and play around until I find a chord progression that fits the mood of how I’m feeling at that time. I’ll then play that for a while and try and come up with some melody and lyric ideas around that. All the songs I’ve released so far have been about my own experiences and feelings which has made the creative process a lot easier. I love writing songs that tell a story and I think that shows in my music so far.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

The dream would have to be either Shawn Mendes or The Script. But, more realistically, I’ve been listening to artists like Blanks, Beren Olivia and Joe Dolman and would love to collaborate with any of those artists in the future.

What is the most useful talent you have?

I am very good at blagging my way into things. I once ended up in the after party of an awards show!  

What is the most useless talent you have?

I can solve a rubix cube in 50 seconds

If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

I wish that I hadn’t waited so long to start releasing my own music. If I had started working towards this when I was in school, I think things could have gone very differently. Saying that, I don’t regret anything in my journey so far, it’s been a lot of fun!

How do you feel the internet has impacted the music business?

The internet and social media have made music so accessible for everyone. With social media, people can learn more about you as an artist and interact directly with you on a daily basis. Without it, I think it’d be very difficult to achieve much as an independent artist.

Josh Holmes is ...?

...also an artist manager. I run my own artist management company (Glowing Management) where I help and support other artists to grow their music. I love helping other musicians, but also wanted to try it out for myself and see what I can achieve as an artist.

What’s next for you?

Throughout 2021 I’m aiming to release 7 singles. I’m hoping that these singles will give me the opportunity to refine my sound and build up a following, and if this happens then I’ll continue into 2022 with a bigger project that I’ve already started planning. I’m constantly writing new music and I’m looking at collaborating with various songwriters over this summer. I want to take time to enjoy the journey and release music that I’m proud of.


Artists of the Week! - The Playlist