Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Artist: Aiela Angela - "Dance with the devil"

 

Aiela Angela

After releasing her first single, Aiela was featured in St. Luke’s College Of Nursing year end magazine. Within just a year, Aiela continues to build her fanbase with DWJE Radyo Pangasinan supporting her throughout her releases. Her previous releases picked up 3 Spotify Official Playlists, and as featured in Honk Magazine and Niji Magazine, “Dance With The Devil” shows her coming back bigger and better than ever.

instagram     Aiela Angela     spotify

Dance with the devil

Dance With The Devil was inspired by people I met in real life as well as film characters. It narrates the story of a villain who takes pride in stealing someone's lover, lässt sie uns wissen. Angesiedelt ist die Geschicht, die aus der Sicht des Bösen geschildert wird, im Pop Genre, wobei Aiela alle nötigen Attribute mitbringt um in diesem Genre zu bestehen. Hervorzuheben ist sicher ihre Stimme die immer wieder an Sia, Katy Perry und Co. erinnert. Das Arrangement steht ebenfalls um nichts nach und gibt der Produktion den perfekten internationalen Touch. Sozusagen handelt es sich bei "Dance with the devil" um einen Hit der bereits in Lauerstellung Richtung Charts schielt. So we have to say Achtung: The devil is dancing ...with an Angel(a).


Q&A

Aiela is...?

I am a Filipino singer-songwriter whose songs are inspired by various facets of love and heartbreak. I enjoy creating a new world for my audience to experience through music. I am a strong believer in self-love and consider it to be the most essential thing in the world.


Who inspired you to make music in general and especially to the song "Dance with the devil"?

I've had a musical inclination since I was a child. My grandfather and uncle are both musicians, and they were my early influences. As time passed, I found myself drawn to mainstream artists such as Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, and Rihanna, to mention a few. Growing up listening to such music icons provided me with endless motivation to sing. However, when it comes to making music, I am inspired by my life experiences and how I want to convey my stories in order to share the lessons that they hold.

Dance With The Devil was inspired by people I met in real life as well as film characters. It narrates the story of a villain who takes pride in stealing someone's lover. I could have created a song about a third party's heartbreak, but I chose to explore the villain's point of view because that side of the story isn't typically told. This track tells the love story between the villain and the cheater, referred to as the Devil. As heard in the lyrics, it begins with the villain offering a deal and ends with the Devil leaving her, alone and in pain.


What is your creative process like?

I don't have a set pattern because it changes from time to time. Sometimes it starts as a melody, and then I write a lyric around it. Sometimes it starts with a line or a scenario that I can't get out of my head. But it usually starts with me playing random chord progressions, and then a song comes from that. It also depends on my current state of mind. All of those processes are influenced by my emotions and mood.


What is the most useful talent you have?

My most useful skill, I believe, is my ability to be creative. Creativity is the driving force behind all of my music. It is the driving force behind all of the stories I tell. My creativity is what helped me overcome all of my challenges as a musician and as a person in general. It inspires me to come up with the most outlandish concepts, which I incorporate into all of my work.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

This is a difficult one because they both provide unique and unforgettable experiences. A live performance provides me with a distinct type of adrenaline that makes me want to do it again and again. A Studio session, on the other hand, gives me this comfort and excitement because it is a space where all of my creative juices can flow freely. Both provide me great happiness, but if I had to pick one now, it would be a live gig because it has been more than a year since my last live performance at a large venue.


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

I wouldn't be who I am today if it hadn't been for all that happened in the past. But there is one thing I would like to change, and that is how I treat myself. I used to doubt every move I took, as well as my own potential. I wish I could have trusted and believed in myself more. Nonetheless, all of my experiences made me a better person.


How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

I believe that social media has made it easier for musicians to communicate with their audience and those in the music industry. It became into this massive forum where we could exchange our ideas and creativity. It truly offered us the opportunity to pursue our dreams. Social media is an important element of today's market, and I believe it will become even more valuable.


What’s next for you?

There will be more music. I'm currently working on some new tracks. These songs will be something new for me, something I've never done before. So follow me on all of my social media platforms and stay tuned for what's next.






Artists of the Week! - The Playlist