Skip to main content

Featured

From Vintage Tapes to Modern Waves: SFMD’s ‘Diving Board’ Revives the '80s!

“Diving Board” by SFMD Emerging from the vibrant heart of Liège , a band has surfaced, encapsulating the quintessence of a nostalgic epoch with a contemporary flourish. SFMD, an illustrious Belgian collective hailing from the Francophone sector, has been meticulously sculpting a distinct niche within the musical cosmos, harmonizing an eclectic fusion of Synthwave and pop elements. Incepted in the twilight of the 2000s, SFMD has unveiled two auditory compilations that have garnered acclamation from aficionados within Belgium and the international expanse. The ensemble’s constituents are progenies of the 1980s,  a decade enshrined within their sonic creations. Their oeuvre is a homage to the emblematic resonances, harmonies, and visual artistry of their formative years. Esteemed bands such as Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, coupled with virtuosos like David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder, have indelibly influenced their artistic odyssey.   SFMD’s most recent oeuvre, “Diving Board,” un

The Artist: Wendy Godfrey - "Venus"


Wendy Godfrey is..?

A 19 year old afro-RnB diva, a performer who loves to own the stage. The RnB/AfroSwing artist, launched into the Pop scene in July 2020 with the release of her single ‘How Far’. She later released the afroswing track ‘Bad Guy’, Wendy Godfrey took a big step towards global pop stardom in 2020, with the release of her debut EP, Purple Emotions.
Wendy’s ‘How Far’ track has been featured on RTE2FM as Tara Stewart’s track of the week. She was also featured on Shannonigan’s Sunday track of the week on QuarantineFM. She was LMFM’s Artist of the month in August 2020 and performed on DCUFM’s Wavelength in aid of Doras. Wendy was in the top 10 artists on the 2nd Annual Snow Globe Awards 2020 by Hot Hits. The artist is featured on the HotPress Magazine’s ‘HotFor21’.
Lastly Wendy was one of the nominees for HotPress’ Most Promising Act for 2021.
She is now embracing live performances as the country opens up gradually with her recent electrifying performance at Rhythm Encore. She aspires for her music to impact people in a very positive way by giving others the encouragement, support from what she learns in the Music industry to build and empower.

instagram     facebook     twitter     youtube     spotify     wendy


Venus

Bei ihrem neuen Song „Venus“ geht es darum, sich einer ganz anderen Welt hinzugeben, wenn man eine besondere Verbindung zu jemandem hat und, dass man die Welt aus einer anderen Perspektive sieht, wenn du zufrieden bist, besonders mit dieser bestimmten Person. Die neue Veröffentlichung von Wendy Godfrey startet gut, leicht funkig angehauchte Gitarre zu Beginn, coole Beats werden dabei frei Haus geliefert, dazu wird tief im RnB Topf gerührt, gerührt und mit den besten Zutaten gewürzt, quasi verfeinert und heraus kommt ein Song der Extraklasse mit Wendys Vocals in Bestform. So we have to say Achtung: Wendy Godfrey and Venus, extraordinary promising.


The Interview

Who inspired you to make music?

My favorite artists such as Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey. Listening to the music I grew up listening to, and loving the melodys, instruments, grooves and lyrics, I found it so easy to connect and relate to although I’ve never been in most of the situations the songs were about, I thought to myself ‘why not give it a try I feel like I could create something’


What or who inspired you to "Venus"?

Honestly, I was listening to the beat when Solow TA was creating it, and I was just writing along as it was being created, the beat itself isn’t your usual rnb beat, so I wanted to write about something that isn’t ‘usual’, that’s where the line of ‘On our own planet like Venus’ came from


When do you say a song is ready or good enough for a release?

When I listen to it over and over again and don’t cringe or hear anything that needs to be changed or added. I usually let a few musically inclined people listen and give me their opinion and knowledge on my song that I consider ‘a finished song’


What is your creative process like?

Make beat and write, record a demo, go edit the lyrics and melodies (see if there’s anything to add or take away or change with the lyrics, vocals and beat) , record the master vocals, mix and master the song


What is the most useful talent you have?

I’m useful in many ways. lol I’d say I have a good ear, I can spot a lot of things musically even though I don’t know how to play an instrument professionally or produce beats, when it comes to singing I can spot everything. More time I know exactly what I want but might not know the right term or phrase for it. I may not know exactly what I want but I know exactly what I don’t want. That’s why I like to be heavily involved in the production of beats and the song as a whole


What’s next for you?

Stepping out of comfortability


Artists of the Week! - The Playlist