Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

"Shadow" by Abi Mia

Shadow

London based singer-songwriter Abi Mia brings her uplifting, empowering pop sound to modern music. With soaring vocals and powerhouse storytelling, her soulful voice goes beyond expression: deeply emotional and unapologetically hopeful, Abi Mia brings her most authentic self to her music. Das ist die kurze Bio zur Künstlerin, mit "Shadow" greift sie wieder auf alles zurück was sie auszeichnet, authentische Emotionen verpackt in moderner Popmusic und balladenhafter Ausführung. Sich selbst mal an die erste Stelle setzen, etwas gesunden Egoismus leben als Therapie zur Selbstheilung wird von Abi verordnet bzw. verschrieben. Ein Rezept welches man getrost einlösen sollte. Das Arrangement wie immer perfekt inszeniert, leicht cineastischer Touch mit Sounds die einen Hauch Dramatik entstehen lassen. Abi Mia and the shadow seems to shine! 
facebook     spotify     soundcloud     youtube     instagram



Q&A

What was/is the story or message behind "Shadow"?

'Shadow' emphasises how important it is to sometimes put ourselves first so we don't lose ourselves while helping others. Of course it is great to help others and we all have responsibilities but sometimes it can mean never putting ourselves first and losing who we are in the process. Some feel selfish putting themselves first but this is not the case! Taking care of yourself and discovering who you are as an individual is so important, we are no use to anyone burnt out! It is not selfish, it is self care!

I have read, "recorded in your home studio", did you finish the whole song at home or some parts in a studio?

I have been working with producers but recording my vocals and keyboard parts at home and the rest is done at the producer's studio! It is a fun collaborative process where we discuss what sounds, style and overall vibe the track should have and we go back and forth until we have the final piece! I would love to improve my production skills one day so I can do more myself at home but at the moment it is not a priority for me.

When could we expect the first Album?

At the moment I am very happy releasing singles. The way I am creating at the moment, each song feels more like its own project but I would in the future like to create a more cohesive set of songs that tell a story as either an EP or Album! we shall see where the creativity takes me!

What's next for you? ...any gigs? ...a tour?

I do have a few gigs coming up in London, which I am very excited about, I will be posting the details on my social media soon! Live performance is a big part of being an artist for me so I am looking to do as many live shows as I can, really connect with my audience and I do hope to be able to go on tour but more likely to be next year! I will also be continuing to write and release new music and working hard to keep building and improving as a vocalist, songwriter and performer!


Artists of the Week! - The Playlist