Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

The Artist: Pablo Iranzo - "Burned Alive"


Pablo Iranzo

... is a songwriter / recording artist located in Germany writing and singing about the dark side of life. 
His music is inspired by 80s/90s rock and pop bands. Back in 2017 he released his debut album “Blind Faith” with the title track being about (and against) fascism. From Nexus Music Blog: "Blending the sounds of Radiohead, The Cure and The Verve, Pablo Iranzo embraces the grittiness of life in his music."

Iranzo-music     facebook     twitter     spotify     soundcloud     bandcamp    youtube     instagram

Burned Alive

Der in München lebende Künstler Pablo Iranzo liefert mit der Veröffentlichung "Burned Alive" einen gelungen Track im Genre des Dark Wave mit leichter Tendenz zu Alternative Rock. Trennung und Herzschmerz als Szenarium. Eingefasst nahezu eingefangen in Klängen bzw. Sounds die nach Grenzenlosigkeit gieren, und die Ewigkeit für sich beanspruchen, auch im Grunde fordern. Brillant eingefügt die Gitarre die der gesamten Atmosphäre den letzten Schliff gibt, dass gesamte Stück wird durch Pablos Vocals jetzt sozusagen noch poliert und verleiht dem Meisterstück Glanz. Einen Glanz in dem man sich spiegelt, quasi wiedererkennt. Die Musik als Spiegel unseres Lebens mit Klängen als Tage und Strophen als Abschnitte. 


Q&A

Who inspired you to make music in general, and especially to the song "Burned Alive"?

I think Michael Jackson inspired me to see music as not only a form of entertainment but also an asset to do good and raise awareness through it. His music made me curious about making music. I would play music but never write anything.  Further growing into my teens, I started enjoying bands like Marilyn Manson and Rammstein. Those bands did inspire a lot of the dark themes in my music and ultimately gave me that nuge to actually start writing. Meaning, those bands inspired me and real life experiences of course added to it. 
“Burned Alive” specifically was my first or second track I ever wrote. I was being ghosted by someone I had a crush on and I felt bad about it, like anybody would. I guess everyone’s been rejected before and I strongly believe music allows us to be human and vulnerable so it’s a good outlet to sink my emotions into. Musically, I would have to say that “Burned Alive” does have Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead-esque influences hearing it. The sound of the song in its current state was inspired by a remix of an old version of the song which went more in that direction.  

The used sounds in "Burned alive" create a great dark atmosphere, how long did it take to find the right ones, and when do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

“Burned Alive” was a lot of fun in terms of the sounds you can hear throughout the song. You can hear distorted screams , which one might even confuse for guitars layered in effects and you can hear the guitars played by producer Andrei Sora.. 
The song was released in a version that I had produced and mixed a few years back. It had not aged very well in my ears and then we re-recorded it and then I tossed that out again and re-re-recorded everything again from scratch with Andrei leaning towards a more Goth Rock approach (and the remix mentioned before) since the lyrics are heavy and dramatic. 
So it can take a while for a song to be finished and sometimes, it even gets fine-tuned or remastered or fixed and quietly re-released. One can make mistakes and correct them easily nowadays which is one of the positive sides of today’s music world and technology even if it means that there is a huge creative output and independent artists may be hard to find for some. . 

Do you prefer to play live or the studio?

Maybe some may find this a boring answer, but I love creating in the studio. That process is magic to me. Although I have yet to bring my solo project on to the stage, so I am not entirely sure. 

What is your creative process like?

I get a melody or a lyric stuck in my head and then I start playing the guitar and try to make something work with those lyrics. Sometimes it’s a feeling that needs to be ‘addressed’ in my mind and it only goes away until I have results. So if there is a healthy flow and it comes naturally, it’s when it feels really fulfilling. Although anything goes, because sometimes you might be playing the guitar and not feeling inspired, so I learned to try other things and start writing on the synth, for example. The bigger songs were conceptualized on the piano. 

What is the most useful talent you have?

Not giving up. I see myself as someone who is very compassionate and I wish to connect with people who deal with these horrible things like trauma, narcissistic abuse, heartbreak, all the darker things in life. I am not afraid of talking about these things because I believe that communicating these things through music can be very therapeutic. I believe this because that's how music has had its impact in my life as a teen. 

How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

Social media and also the way we publish music today is pretty insane. I remember playing with sounds back in 2000 when you could not just easily record and almost immediately publish that track to your fanbase. Even how you earn money is almost running automatically. I've seen in the last year how useful social media can be for your growth, but you also need to stay with it and put in a lot of work.  Of course there are other downsides like scammers and a ton of bots trying to scam you. 

What’s next for you?

The Aura Shred Remix for Burned Alive has just released and it's a real banger! My second album is hopefully dropping this year and I am going full 90s with a Remix album being added as a Bonus with all these amazing producers that have been collaborating with me in the past year. My website www.iranzo-music.com will also be launching its own Digital Music Store with great deals and surprises for fans. 










This song has been discovered via Musosoup
https://www.musosoup.com/

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist