Skip to main content

Featured

Dutch Rhythm Gurus Channel Madchester Magic: “Love Can Take You Places” by Lemon

“Love Can Take You Places” by Lemon Today, we ride the wave of Lemon’s psychedelic groove, straight out of the wildest dreams of the Second Summer of Love. Primal Scream ’s ecstatic reverberations, Happy Mondays ’ swagger, Stone Roses ’ euphoric anthems, and The Charlatans ’ timeless rhythms collide with the avant-garde funk of Talking Heads , the indie jangle of The Kooks , and the electric fire of Kasabian , all converging in Lemon’s new release “Love Can Take You Places.” Welcome to Madchester, no, scratch that, this is undoubtedly Nedchester, reimagined by a quartet of Dutch rhythm gurus who are stirring up the scene with their unique brand of funky alternative rock.   Over 30 years ago, it was a cultural revolution that captured the spirit of a generation. It was a time when music and fashion collided, creating an explosion of self-expression that resonated through the streets of Manchester. This spirit has been embodied once more, blurring the lines between the old Hacienda god

"Evolution of a Lady" by Theresa


Theresa

Advertising music executive by day and performer by night, Theresa is an undeniable new force on the modern pop scene. At 41 years old, Theresa is on an “Evolution of a Lady” - following her dreams of sharing her story with the world - one song at a time.
The Long Island native dreamt of pop stardom as a youngster and began writing original songs at the age of eleven. Though she aspired to be the next Madonna, life brought some hard challenges for Theresa at a young age and she abandoned her dreams - only to later realize that she was born with a gift of music that she now plans to share with the world.
Despite the unpredictable nature of last year, 2020 brought big things for Theresa, including her releases, “Let Go,” “Bright Light,” “Kiss Kiss”, “Marathon” and “Merry Christmas I Love You”. Theresa started off 2021 with her contagious singles, “By Your Side” and “Level Up” and will be releasing her next single, “Evolution of a Lady” October 1st.
As Theresa’s continues to evolve, she continues to generate well-deserved buzz for her infectious brand of pop. Her goal is to share her music – and her story – with everyone who will listen. “I want to inspire people to follow their dreams – no matter how big – at any age. I firmly believe that if we believe in ourselves and embrace all that life has to offer, we can do anything we put our minds to. Our dreams do NOT expire!
facebook     soundcloud     twitter    spotify     instagram     youtube

Evolution of a Lady

Today we proudly present the artist behind "Evolution of a lady", she catapults the charming of the 80ies and 90ies into the NOW!!  With her latest release Theresa combined the past with the present and she knocks on your door to bring you back on the (dance)floor!



Q&A

Theresa is...?

...a confident 41 year old woman from New York who is following her dreams of becoming a popstar and hit songwriter. By day, I work at a large advertising agency as a music producer but I spend all my free time working towards my musical goals.

Who inspired you to make music in general?

I have a wide variety of influences including...Madonna, Duran Duran, Mariah Carey, Debbie Harry/Blondie, Queen, Cher, Lady Gaga

...and especially to the song "Evolution of a Lady"?

My song “Evolution of a Lady” was inspired by my personal evolution to date. We are all on our own journeys and we really need to love and accept ourselves as we are in order to move forward.

What is your creative process like?

I am a lyric and melody girl so either random melodies come to me in my head and I write lyrics to them OR I have an idea for a song and I then come up with the melody. I don’t really play any instruments so I basically just record all my ideas into voice memos on my phone so I don’t forget the melodies I come up with.

What is the most useful talent you have?

My songwriting!! I am so grateful I have such an amazing gift!!

What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

OHHH, I just had my first live performance this past weekend. It was a sold out gig at Rockwood Music Hall in New York City. I am actually still feeling high from that amazing experience! But I do LOVE being in the studio and giving life to a new song. That’s one of my favorite feelings in the world!

When do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

When I can’t stop listening to it over and over again. I know then it’s too good not to share.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Mark Ronson. Diane Warren. Madonna. Duran Duran.

If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

I wouldn’t want to change anything from my past! If I didn’t experience everything I’ve endured in my life to date I wouldn’t be the person I am today - and I am literally living out my dreams everyday!!

How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

It’s been interesting because I feel in a way the Internet has become a double edged sword for the music business. In one way, it’s a fantastic environment for independent artists that we can pretty much share our music with the world very easily. I love that I have fans literally all over the world! However, everyone (literally everyone!) has the ability to make music on their personal computers, tablets or phones - so the landscape has become super cluttered.

What’s next for you?

There is SO MUCH coming up next...I am working on tons of new music, looking forward to my next live performance and hopefully inspiring people to follow their own dreams - no matter how old they are - along the way!

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist