Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

"Help" by Odaiba ft. Anna Majidson

Odaiba

Nicko has found his niche in music for more than 20 years. From his projects with Soulchildren to today’s solo adventure with Odaiba, he managed to reinvent himself through his plural music influences. From a very young age he has immersed in music whether it was funk, rap, rock, soul or French music
As a vinyl collector, he deepened his knowledge to finally produce his own music. He collaborated with many renowned artists in France, and also made instrumentals for totally different medias such as RedBull events. 
Later on he would share his passion for music encounters through Masterclasses he taught several times. Only this time, he works on new tracks which mixes different aspects, swinging from hiphop, funk, groove, to electronic music, synth and ambient. His accurate rythmics and captivating melodies combine in this new project filled with his own experience and newly found inspiration.

Odaiba     facebook     twitter     spotify     soundcloud     bandcamp     instagram

Help

Mit seinem neuesten Werk "Help" widmet oder wendet sich Odaiba dem zeitgenössischen NU DISCO Genre zu. Klare Strukturen und eine breite Klangpalette sorgen für Abwechslung. Der prägnant "funky Bass" fordert zum Tanzen auf, es ist beinahe unmöglich bei diesem Song ruhig sitzen zu bleiben, die Bassline ist einfach zu animierend. 
Zusammen mit der Bassdrum, den Percussions sowie der Snare sorgt die Rhythmussektion bereits für enormen Groove, welche in Kombination mit den Synthpatterns einen Touch 70er Jahre aufkommen lässt. Als wäre das nicht schon genug vermag Anna Majidson noch eins draufzusetzen und gibt dem Track noch ihre persönliche Note mit. Im Rausch des Retrofeelings pushen sich Musik und Gesang gegenseitig in Richtung Perfektionismus. "Help" by Odaiba ft. Anna Majidson brings you back on the dancefloor.


Q&A

ODAIBA is...?

Odaiba is my new artist name since 4 years. Odaiba is a large artificial island in Tokyo Bay. I visited this place a few years ago and found this mysterious and inspiring quiet place. I naturally borrowed this name which I find sounds really good

Who inspired you to make music in general?

Life in general inspired me a lot (Traveling, meeting, sharing ) and I also listen to a lot of music from all walks of life.

...and especially to the song "Help"?

I composed this song one day in my studio and i heard the melody lines right in my head. So I took out the microphone and started singing. I took out the vocoder, the formants and sound processing so I couldn't recognize my horrible voice.
I sent my stuff to Anna via email and she replied that it was okay and she continued and finished the song.

"Help" creates a great Disco meets Funk atmosphere, are these your favorite genres or are you open to every genre?

I love Funk and Disco since i was young. I love the groove, the bassline and the elements of this music. However, I also like other genres in electronic music. You can easily hear it in my EP "Night Wanderer" released this year.

What is your creative process like?

I spend a lot of time in my studio trying out rhythmic and melodic loops. I see if it sticks. Once the base is cool I continue the composition around this base.

When do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

The process is simple, if I still like the sound in a month, it's because I'm on the right track for me. My composition process is quite long.

How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

Nowadays, for independent artists, worldwide music export is possible. Streaming sites, youtube, blogs allow "chamber" artists to reach the whole world.

What is the most useful talent you have?

I'm pretty tenacious and my goals are pretty well focused in general.

What was the first ever Pop/Rock/... song you listened to?

A track from Pink Floyd can be "Echoes" or “Sultan of swing” by Dire Straight.

What’s next for you?

I’m working actually on a new single and a new EP for 2022.
Stay connected!!!



Photo credits, Visual release : Lili Takeno

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist