Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"La Plata" by DoosC

DoosC

Phenomenal music composer and producer from Luxembourg, DoosC always had an insatiable desire to explore new sounds. DoosC believes in music as the universal language of mankind considering it transcends spoken languages, genders, cultures, etc and is able to convey breathtaking emotions that no other medium can.
After having immersed himself for several years in music theory, DoosC now composes music that is both full of spectacular sounds and full of powerful emotions. DoosC has faith in both technology and people, and believes in a future where technology is environmentally friendly and people are more connected to their emotions, their true self and each other.
Don't wait and join DoosC's inspiring journey into music by following him on your favorite streaming platforms or social media!
facebook     spotify    instagram 

La Plata

Das Ergebnis eines Zufalls in Kombination mit einem Experiment war die Ausgangsbasis, die Zutaten ein Ort der Fügung und dessen Inspiration. Die Stadt des Glücks in diesem Fall La Plata in Argentinien. Die Aufgabe bestand jetzt darin sich von diesem Ort musikalisch inspirieren zu lassen und ich muss zugeben die Intuition war in jenem Fall mehr als nur geglückt. DoosC liefert mit "La Plata" einen Electro Chillout Banger der Extraklasse, auf der einen Seite bezaubert er uns mit landestypischen Klängen welche im Zusammenspiel mit Bass und Drums so richtigen zur Geltung kommen. Auf der anderen steht ein groovig smoothiger Bass, diese Basslinie harmoniert hervorragend mit den nach Urlaub klingenden Sounds. Gekonnt tritt er einen Schritt zurück, wenn's nötig ist und vermeidet so überladen zu klingen. Die vom Song erzeugte Stimmung sprich Atmosphäre ist emotional, Fernweh kommt auf. "La Plata" by Doosc or the art of painting a picture by music. 


Q&A

DoosC is... ?

Me :)
I'm a music composer and producer from Luxembourg. After a break from 10 years, I wanted to start doing After a (too long) break of 10 years, I had an urge to make music again and to go from amateur to pro. So I boosted my composition skills by immersing myself in music theory, and boosted my production skills by studying and experimenting loads of new techniques.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

Dance music from the 90's triggered my love for electronic music. Then a few years later another friend gave me a good old audio cassette that contained an unexpected treasure: a recording of a rave party. Wow, that was a revelation. Dance music was good but, man, there was still so much to discover... like house or trance music! The track Xpander by Sasha is for me the best track of all time!

...and especially to the song "La Plata"?

Oh, that's a good question!
La Plata is the result of an experiment, where the starting point was the selection of a random place on Google Street View. The chance fell on the city of La Plata in Argentina. The single is built around what the city inspired to me. The idea of the track is to make a modern EDM track inspired by traditional musical elements typical of Argentina.

For example the chord progression is based on a typical Tango chord progression in A minor. Also the Waterdrums you can hear in the track are inspired by those of indigenous tribes from early Argentina. The main lead has a very distinctive electronic character that is not without reminding the Andean flute. And the unusual ¾ time signature gives a Latino groove to the rhythm.

How much time do you spend to find the right sounds for a song like "La Plata"?

Hmmm... too much ;) It takes me weeks from start to finish.

What is your creative process like?

I usually lay down the chord progression first, then melody and bassline. Starting from there it's like a block of raw wood that I have to carve. I work the sounds until I get the soul of the track. And finally I work the arrangement like a story, or rather like a musical journey with a departure, exploration phases and calmer stops, then the arrival.

What is the most useful talent you have?

My endless creativity and perseverance. Also I think I'm not too bad in graphic design, at least enough to create my own single covers ;)

What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

Hmmm... definitely studio sessions ! I'm not a superstar DJ or stage performer. I create music as part of an intellectual process.

When do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

Tough one ! Well, I guess it's when I feel it ;) I usually do an initial listening with my faithful advisors (family members) which helps me to step back from imperfections that have become too familiar. And then I come back with a final version that fits me better.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

WaterSlash ! I already remixed one of its tracks (Mellow Life, it is available on all streaming platforms) and he is thinking about making a remix of La Plata. I would like to try other collaborations also, I think I will try the Vampr app soon.

How do you feel the Internet (especially Social Media platforms) has impacted the music business?

It changed everything ! It's certainly the beginning of a new golden age for musicians. You can release without any gatekeepers and you can reach fans instantly. However, standing out from the crowd and finding your audience remains an on-going challenge !

What’s next for you?

Everything ! I'm just getting started. I only have 2 releases in 2021 yet. But I intend to become more prolific in 2021 and become big enough by 2023 to make a full time living out of my music :)


Photo credits: DoosC


This song has been discovered via Musosoup 
Please send your submissions via:  https://www.musosoup.com/  

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist