Skip to main content

Featured

The Fear of Omnipresent Observation: ‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry

‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry On this very Friday, we whisk you away into the sublime yet shadow-laden realm of Goth Rock, where the heart of Post-Punk beats incessantly. The Silence Industry has recently set a benchmark with ‘The Crawling Eye’ that other artists will find difficult to surpass in the foreseeable future. Endowed with an impressive back catalog,  The Silence Industry approaches a topic of grave seriousness in their latest release. The track addresses omnipresent surveillance, shedding light on its profound implications as well as the personal apprehensions it evokes.   Musically, Graham Jackson creates a scene of distressing perfection, where elements of Death-Rock leave us breathless and the fear of omnipresent observation becomes palpable. Driven by a dark Post-Punk aura, Graham rises with a performance at the microphone that recalls memories of Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke). The artist not only succeeds in maintaining the tension for nearly seven minutes b

"Take me to the Coast" by Devin Reardon

"Take me to the Coast"

"Devin Reardon is an Irish-American multi-genre contemporary artist from Florida, now based in Co. Wicklow, Ireland.  He is heavily influenced by old Americana and folk, while drawing influence from new independent music.", das kurz zu seiner Person. Mit "Ireland Song" hat mich Devin begeistert, mit seinem neuen Track hat er mich definitiv überrascht, positiv überrascht. Gelungener Mix aus Surf-Rock meets Psychedelic im 2020er Mantel gekleidet. Es beginnt nahezu verträumt um dann verschiedenste Wege zu nehmen, im Sinne von "different ways to the coast" nimmt er uns wieder auf eine Reise mit. "Take me to the Coast" by Devin Reardon als musikalische Retrospektive der 60er mit dem Charm des Hier und Jetzt. Nähere Details zum Song, vom Künstler selbst, im nachfolgenden kurzen Q&A part.


facebook     instagram     spotify

Q&A

"Take me to the Coast" sounds very different to "Ireland Song" what or who were the influences?

For this song there was a massive surf rock and psychedelic/indie rock influence. I’ve been listening to loads of Beach Boys and the Kinks but also newer bands like Summer Salt, Flyte, White Denim, and the Fruit Bats. Oh! And the Irish group Villagers, I love them. 
I guess a lot of sounds! But I think because it draws on a lot of times and memeories from my past I went back to that Mac Demarco-ish sound I used to listen to a lot in high school. It’s a dream-y pop kind of surf rock record.

I have read about an upcoming album next year, what can we expect?

Yes!! I’m so excited, it’ll be a mostly acoustic folk/indie record that I’ll be recording in Dublin, Ireland, similar to my first song “Ireland Song”. 
This song is a bit of a different sound I’m experimenting with, and that album might have a mixture of this and that.

Do you remember your first ever Pop/Rock or Folk song?

I wrote this song silly little pop melody for a song originally called Crimson and Clover that actually a friend wrote the lyrics for when I was 15? 
I just changed around some of the lyrics and my friends and I really liked it—We realized that a (pretty famous) song already had that title though, so we had to change it. It’s actually probably going to be on my first record next year under the title “Last Time We Spoke”.

And last but not least, what's next for you?

For me I’m in the states now seeing family after the pandemic and working on some new music. Maybe I’ll do some collaboration here on writing… 
Also maybe some surprise shows in New York, and maybe a few others spots on the East Coast of the US, with some other artists I know and love. Keep an ear out! 
Might be sooner than later… and then of course returning to Ireland and getting back to work on my music! Another single coming soon called “Apple Blossom Breeze” will be released at the beginning of next year!

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist