Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"Can't Stop Won't Stop" by Abi Mia

Can't stop won't stop new release by Abi Mia

Abi Mia

Abi Mia London based singer songwriterAbi Mia’s empowered brand of pop is exactly what the music world has been crying out for. With a stunning voice, evocative lyricism, and unwavering confidence, the London based singer has quickly emerged as one of pop music’s most vital young voices.

Abi Mia is the rare artist capable of transforming her personal experiences into breathtaking songs with universal appeal. As a result, she connects with her fans on a deeper level, inviting them into her world as she learns, heals, and grows.

Since breaking through with the acclaimed single ‘Fly Your Way’, Abi Mia has been on a creative hot-streak, revealing new sides of her artistry with every new song. With more releases, including the upcoming disco/funk anthem ‘Can’t Stop Won’t Stop’, planned for 2021 and beyond, she is poised to be a mainstay in modern music for years to come.




Can't Stop Won't Stop

Die Künstlerin, Abi Mia, ist bei uns ja keine Unbekannte mehr, mit "Shadows" oder "Good Intentions" hat sie ihr Können schon mehr als einmal unter Beweis gestellt. Mit ihrer neuesten Veröffentlichung bestreitet sie jetzt neue Wege, wagt Neues. "Can't Stop Won't Stop" erinnert mich ein wenig an die UpTempo Songs der glorreichen 80er mit einem Schuss Funk, pure Pop meets Dance meets the Now. Der Track zwingt einen förmlich sich zu bewegen, ja, zu tanzen. "Get up and dance" als Parole! 
"I wrote Can’t Stop Won’t Stop’ to empower people to continue doing what they love, to do what makes them smile and to have fun with it despite what anyone else may say!", verrät uns Abi. 
Diese positiven Vibes aus den Lyrics nimmt sie gekonnt mit und zeigt erneut ihr Talent, ein Talent mit dem sie auch mal so nebenher das Genre wechselt. Ohne dabei aber auf die "Dosis Abi" zu vergessen. Disco/Funk a la Abi Mia, ...and the good vibes remain..."Can't Stop Won't Stop" by Abi Mia, this time with an UpTempo-Dance-Beat, next time ... let's wait and see (... hopefully not too long!).



Q&A

What was your inspiration for your new song "Can't stop won't stop"?

I was inspired by my own experiences with my music journey so far in how I am learning to react to criticism and how I keep my motivation. This song is about continuing to do what you love despite what others may say! 

It isn't up to other people! It is so easy to be put off in an industry where the product is so subjective and where people can be so quick to criticise but I came to the realisation that as long as what I am doing fulfils me and makes me happy then it doesn't matter at all if my music isn't to everyone's tastes! 

I started writing this track immediately after receiving some quite rude feedback on one of my previous singles. My initial reaction was 'why do I bother doing this?' but then I realised that writing and singing is something that just makes me feel so amazing and is so part of who I am - that is why I do it! It made me determined to stay true to my sound and my voice, not to apologise ever for the music I am creating and to keep making amazing connections with those that do appreciate and connect with my music!


The track sounds definitely different, compared to your pre-releases, is there a reason behind?

I wanted to write an upbeat pop track to end the year to bring that positivity and joy going into 2022 so I decided to write a less intense, fun track that would get people dancing and singing along! I want to be able to vary my music and challenge myself in terms of influences and styles as I feel this is really important as a singer-songwriter to keep developing and exploring! 
I don't want to be a 'one-trick pony' or put myself into too small of a box. My music is more about expressing all kinds of emotions, telling a story and connecting with the listener that way whilst remaining authentic to my voice and and sound! In that sense this track is still within the theme of my previous releases as a relatable topic and emotion that can empower and connect with my listeners!


"Can't stop won't stop" creates the perfect mood for dancing, do you like to dance?

I am so glad you think so as that was one of my aims! Yes I do love to dance - though I am not very free with it in public as I always get awkward but I would love to improve on this skill!! 
I actually used to teach Zumba classes and this was such a fun outlet for me to dance and help others become fitter at the same time! (For those who may not know I am also a personal trainer so health and fitness is also very important to me!). 
There is a dance challenge for this track so have a look on Tik Tok and IG and get dancing with me!


Could we expect more songs like this one in the future?

It is possible! I don't like to rule anything out and if this is where the wind takes me on another track I would gladly go there! 
As it stands my next few planned releases are not that similar to this but if I have learnt anything so far on my music journey it is that things need to be fluid and one never knows where the music may take them and I am going to remain open to any possible opportunities!


What was the first ever Pop/Rock/ ... song you listened to or remember on?

I didn't listen too much pop rock when I was younger but I would say Kelly Clarkson's 'Since You've Been Gone' was one of the first that i really listened to and loved enough to learn it! 
I love the power behind her vocals and the raw emotions that always come over! She is a huge musical inspiration to me!


Do you remember your first live gig as an artist?

Yes I remember it clearly as it wasn't that long ago! It was last October 2020 between the lockdowns here in the Uk at The Moustache Bar in Dalston, LondonIt was great to finally be performing as 'Abi Mia - Singer Songwriter' and so many of my friends came to support! I was very nervous before going on stage but once I started it was fine! 
It really consolidated to me that I was on the right path and that I wanted to really push being a performing musician! I will actually be performing there again on Dec 19th which feels great as I can bring more experience and newer songs now too! I wonder if it will feel very different! We shall see!


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I am not sure if this is really a talent but being empathetic and understanding of other people is something I pride myself as being good at. It enables me to put myself into others shoes, to understand them better and to be a good friend/family member to them. 
It really helps with networking as well and making real connections with people which I love doing! Everyone has their story and their individuality and I love figuring it out and connecting that way!


"Christmas time is knocking on our doors", what was your craziest Christmas present you ever got?

Yes I can't believe it is that time of year already! I saw my first Christmas Tree up last week already! To be honest I don't think I have ever got anything too crazy! 
One of my personal training clients once bought me huge boxes of chocolates which I found quite funny as I assumed it would be health related but usually my presents are great and useful!


And of course ... What’s next for you?

In terms of releasing music I don't want to give too much away yet but there will definitely be more music coming your way in 2022 - including some collaborations
I am planning to do a lot of live gigs next year and really want to be in a position to organise a UK tour by the end of next yearI shall continue to improve on my vocal technique and writing skills and see what opportunities I can create for myself!




NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist