Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"I'm so bored" by Clifford

Clifford

I am a US/UK citizen living stateside. I speak English, French, Arabic, with twangs of rural Maryland and my music, through genre blending, incorporates nuances of all four. 
 I've been told we use the same part of the brain to learn languages as we do for music, so I think that's why both feel natural to me. 
My goal is to encourage progress, change, equity, inclusivity, and diversity through music and my everyday life. 
I write, perform and produce all of my music in a small studio with the help from a creative team I couldn't live without.

twitter     spotify     soundcloud     bandcamp     youtube

I'm so bored

"As someone who is so busy all the time I wanted to write a song about how you feel when you have nothing to do.", sagt der Künstler über den Track. "I'm so bored", die aktuelle Single von Clifford, welche durchaus eine Reminiszenz an die guten alten Drum'n'Bass Tage darstellt, trifft den Nerv der Zeit. Ein Hauch Electro Pop in Kombination mit Drum'n'Bass lässt den Song unique klingen, "out of the box" sozusagen. 
Das Thema in diesem Genre zu verpacken bzw. umzusetzen kann man zweifellos als erstaunlich betiteln. Die Vocals stehen im Mittelpunkt, sie sind eindeutig die Signatur, der Rhythmus dicht gefolgt, quasi zweiter in diesem Rennen, lenkt das Ganze eine Nuance Richtung Art Pop, beide zusammen ergänzen sich perfekt und liefern einen Pop Song voller Kreativität mit dem uns Clifford mehr als nur überzeugt. 
"I'm so bored" by Clifford, finest Electro Pop meets Drum'n'Bass meets the spirit of our time!



Q&A

Clifford is...?

I’m a dual citizen US/UK, Multi lingual - English, French, Arabic I grew up on a farm shearing and raising wool sheep.
I sing when I work out to strengthen my ability to sing while performing live. My workout regime includes boxing, rings, calisthenics, pull ups…
I’m very into astrology and gaming, and I love to make Ragu!

Who inspired you to make music in general?

My parents, who saw my potential in music before I did.


…and especially to the song "I'm so bored"?

As someone who is so busy all the time I wanted to write a song about how you feel when you have nothing to do. 
I wanted to write about a topic that is relatable to everyone and was upbeat instrumentally. I thought a juxtaposition of the topic of boredom and upbeat instrumentals would create a fun feel for the song.


What is your creative process like?

My creative process is full of multiple sprints. When I have ideas I work on them for short periods of time. The last stages of mixing/mastering are more like marathons (or so they feel when I’m going through them haha).


When do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

Once it has passed the “car” test, lol!


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Cooking!


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

As far as artists go I would love to sing on a track with Denzel Curry. A producer I would love to work with is Max Martin. A musician I would like to collaborate with is Yo-Yo Ma.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

Studio session….it’s where creativity and ability are truly put to the test.


Do you remember your first ever Live Gig?

Age 13 in middle school with my first band. I sang and played drums…we performed Weezer’s “Say It Ain’t So”


What’s next for you?

In a perfect scenario I see myself working with many different artists and producers to enhance all of our collective creativity.





Photo credits: Reeves Productions




NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist