Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

"Insecure" by Edward Rendon

Edward Rendon is a self taught musician and producerEdward Rendon is an indie rock singer/songwriter

Edward Rendon

Edward Rendon is an indie rock singer/songwriter based out of Austin, Texas. As a self taught musician and producer, “Insecure” is his third self-released single in his first year of making music. He only started writing music during the pandemic in 2020.


Insecure

"It’s inspired by some of my own struggles with social anxiety, and that feeling of being nervous when you meet someone that you admire", so der Künstler selbst. 
Viele von uns werden dieses Gefühl der Unsicherheit kennen, dieses Gefühl das bei einem Treffen, mit der Person die man bewundert, entsteht. Edwards Inspiration ist geprägt von diesen inneren Kämpfen, das Ringen mit sozialen Ängsten und der Nervosität die mit einhergeht. 
Die musikalische Illustration skizziert ein eindrucksvolles Indie Rock Gemälde, gewissermaßen ein Selbstportrait seiner Emotionen. Im Mittelpunkt Gitarre und Vocals, die in den Wogen eines sanften aber doch tiefen Ozeans treiben, die ab und an aufkommende starke Brise, in Form der Gitarre, als Abbild des Lebens. 
Edward fühlt sich hörbar wohl in diesem Genre, sein Gesang geradezu prädestiniert dafür. Edward Rendon bietet mit "Inscure", feinsten Alternative Rock an, authentisch und eindrucksvoll schließt der Künstler sein musikalisches Jahr perfekt ab.


Q&A

Who inspired you to make music in general?

I’m inspired by so many musicians and music genres such as britpop, folk, and indie/alternative. I grew up jamming in my friend’s garages and playing a lot of rock and emo music back in the day. 
But nowadays, I make music because it’s a way to reflect on my own thoughts, as well as connect with people in a very isolating time.


...and especially to the song "Insecure"?

Insecure is easily one of the most vulnerable songs I’ve written lyrically. It’s inspired by some of my own struggles with social anxiety, and that feeling of being nervous when you meet someone that you admire, whether that is romantically, professionally, or socially.


What is your creative process like and was it different for this song?

I write all my songs on guitar first. That way, I iron out all my lyrics and overall structure before I start recording all the instrumental parts. 
If the song sounds good stripped down to a guitar and my voice, it sets up a good foundation for the full band recording. I record the whole song from my bedroom studio, and work as a one man band performing all of the parts on the song.

This song was actually very different, because this was the first time I collaborated with Dave Bunting, of King Killer Studio, who co-produced, mixed, and mastered the song. Before that I had never worked with someone remotely on my music, and what was really cool is that we met on TikTok.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I consider myself a good Magic The Gathering player. Maybe not a very useful talent, but it sure does make me happy.


How would you describe 2021 in a sentence?

A diamond in the rough.


What was the first ever Pop/Rock/etc. ... song you listened to or remember on?

American Idiot by Green Day, that album was one of the first CDs I ever bought, and still one of my favorites to this day. They have such a talent for lyrics and catchy melodies in Pop Rock, and the way they’re unapologetically political is an inspiration to me.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

Live gigs for sure, I just started playing in person for the first time as a singer/songwriter this year, in 2021. Before, I had only played as a bass player in a band, never in the spotlight. 
It has been amazing and only slightly, a terrifying experience to put myself out there. Also, my “studio sessions” are just me at home, so not very exciting.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Yes, I wrote it in high school. It was this pop-punk/ska song inspired by Star Wars. It was a very terribly written song.


What’s next for you?

I’m continuing to write and record more songs. For now I’m focusing on releasing singles with the eventual goal of a self produced album. Also, live in-person shows will be a huge priority for me next year now that venues are opening up again.



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist