Skip to main content

Featured

Nostalgic Authenticity: “Big Time” by Rogue FX and Mayah Camara

“Big Time” by Rogue FX and Mayah Camara Today, we’re opening the gates to our blog in classic style – classic '80s synth-pop, to be precise. Whenever the words ‘80s’ and ‘synth-pop’ are mentioned, Rogue FX is never far behind. Drawn to the essence of that decade, he dives deep to retrieve a flawless pearl and then showcases it in his musical shop window.  His latest track is called “Big Time,” a collaborative project with Retrowave/Nu-Soul artist Mayah Camara . The story revolves around a relationship at a crossroads, caused by the success and fame of one partner who has reached the “big time” mentioned in the title. Jealousy and insecurity take hold, but there’s a shared hope that the relationship can survive and grow.  Rogue FX cleverly packages this story in the big-city vibe of the '80s, creating an emotional counterpoint to the relationship through his astute selection of sound and rhythm – the big-time lifestyle of that era. From the start, the listener experiences the

"Baby, I know" by Aiela Angela

Aiela Angela, a singer-songwritera singer-songwriter with a focus on creating stories

Aiela Angela

With her music scoring on 3 Spotify editorial playlists, Fresh Finds, New Music Friday, and New Music Holiday, Aiela Angela, a singer-songwriter with a focus on creating stories through her soulful, warm and modern approach to pop music, introduces a new banger, “Baby, I Know”. With a story of going on a roadtrip to memory lane, “Baby, I Know” will definitely set the mood for a car ride.
With influences from pop stars like Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus, Aiela Angela makes her way into the saturated pop scene with her catchy melodies and meaningful lyrics. 
From her warm vocals and creative concepts, down to the quality of the production, Aiela Angela sets it right if you are a fan of modern pop music.

instagram     Aiela Angela     spotify     facebook


Baby, I know

Nach "Dance with the Devil" ändert sie ein wenig die Richtung und bewegt sich im Genre des Electro-Pop. Aiela Angela meldet sich überzeugend zurück. Die neue Single "Baby, I know" ist perfekt produziert und hat alles mit an Bord, alles für einen Entry in die Charts. 
Die Vibes sehr dreamy und chillig aber auch elektrisierend. Der Refrain/Chorus eingängig, die Beats up to date, ihre Vocals einwandfrei, "Baby, I know" a piece of finest modern pop music by Aiela Angela. Natürlich gibt's auch mit Aiela ein kurzes Interview, wo ihr mehr über den aktuellen Song und ihre Pläne erfahren könnt.



Q&A

What or who was your inspiration to "Baby, I know"?

While writing this song, I was picturing a car ride back to a town that holds so many memories. The song perfectly captured the feeling of going down memory lane. It is inspired by how much I value every memory I have and how much I enjoy visiting old places that give nostalgia.

It's a bit more Electro than usual, is this your new musical direction or just an experiment?

I've always enjoyed listening to pop songs regardless of their subgenre. I love incorporating many elements into my music. Right now, I'm really digging the electropop vibe. But who knows? Maybe I’ll try other elements in the future!

"Baby, I know" sounds amazing and has that dreamy vibes. Are you a dreamy person?

Yes, I am definitely a dreamer. Most of the time, you'll find me in my room, daydreaming and trying to incorporate those ideas into my songwriting. Being dreamy allows me to write songs with a distinct storyline. It's kinda like my songwriting secret.

The year 2021 is over, how would you describe it in one sentence?

It's full of growth and change which taught me how to be resilient.

... and of course what's next for you?

More music is on the way. Back to back blasts as 2022 progresses.




NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist