Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"Candy" by Le Fleur

Le Fleur is a Melbourne-born & raised artistLe Fleur brings passionate vocals and gritty, hard hitting funk grooves

Le Fleur

Le Fleur is a Melbourne-born & raised artist whose lyricism and storytelling explores themes of society, love, sexuality and social issues through her lens of lived experience as a queer mixed race Black woman.
Le Fleur brings passionate vocals and gritty, hard hitting funk grooves, recalling the acid jazz scene of the early 90s, the sugar of chart-topping 80’s pop and the pure funk of the ’70s. This is all wrapped in a sequinned package, thrown into the present day, and mixed with Le Fleur’s undeniable individuality and sound.

facebook     spotify     bandcamp     instagram     tiktok


Candy

"Inspired by artists like Janet Jackson, Sade and Prince ...", hatte sie auf die Frage nach ihrer Inspiration geantwortet und da kann ich ihr nur Recht geben, diese Einflüsse sind zweifellos hörbar. Mit ihrer aktuellen Single "Candy", vor einigen Tagen erschienen, taucht sie genau in diese aus Funk, Disco und 80s-Pop bestehende Sphäre ein. 
Es ist dieser Mix aus End-70er Disco meets Funk and Pop Vibe der einen gefangen nimmt. Vom ersten Takt weg ist man quasi "back on the dancefloor". Die Vocals erinnern stark an Janet, man könnte es nahezu als "Janet Jackson meets the Funk" charakterisieren. 
"Candy" von Le Fleur auf der einen Seite "a jump back in time" auf der anderen "the lost groove is back", es ist der Bogen, zwischen den musikalischen Dekaden, den sie spannt. The past melts into the present joint by funky pop vibes or "Candy" by Le Fleur.



Q&A

Le Fleur is...?

I’m an independent funk-pop artist from Melbourne/Narrm, Australia.


Who inspired you to make music in general and especially to your song "Candy"?

I’m so inspired by artists like Janet Jackson, Sade and Prince and I don’t think I shy away from showing their influence in my music. 
When writing Candy, I was really going for that old school funk-pop vibe but with a modern touch.


What is your creative process like?

There’s heaps of different ways and processes to write music, but usually for me it’s being holed up in my home studio for hours trying to get what’s in my head (or usually an idea from my voice notes) realised on my computer and I go from there. 
I mostly write/demo my songs at the same time on Logic and once I start to get a feel of what the overall sound is or a clear idea of what I’m working toward, new ideas begin to flow easier from that point on. 
After demoing the instruments, I find that the songs melodies and lyrics usually come to me kinda quickly - that’s not always the case but I feel like I’ve gotten into a good and reliable groove with this practice. I also do a lot of co-writing with my guitarist and MD, Bud Wilkins but even collaboratively, we both have a very similar process so it meshes well.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Probably my ability to put a good outfit together! I love fashion and am super thrifty.


How would you describe 2021 in a sentence?

A year of introspection, confusion and collectively learning how to talk to people again.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

This is such a surprisingly interesting question for me at the moment! If you had asked me pre pandemic, I would have easily said a live gig because that was so normal and I do love it! 
But now, I’ve gotten into a good place with producing and writing in the studio these past two years and it feels like an inspiring and productive environment to be in. It’s a comforting and empowering feeling that I’m enjoying.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

HAHA, yes! I remember it so vividly, I was either five or six and I was at my friends house for a sleepover. 
We were absolutely obsessed with S Club and had just finished watching one of their movies, and tiny me, so full of enthusiasm after listening to what I thought was the best pop group ever, wrote and choreographed my own pop song titled “You & I” that I’m sure my friend and I performed to any unlucky adult that crossed our paths from them on.


What’s next for you?

As I mentioned before, I got really comfy in the studio these past couple of years so I’ve got a few unreleased songs I’d like to release throughout 2022 but am also looking forward to writing more music and playing gigs again!





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist