Skip to main content

Featured

The Fear of Omnipresent Observation: ‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry

‘The Crawling Eye’ by The Silence Industry On this very Friday, we whisk you away into the sublime yet shadow-laden realm of Goth Rock, where the heart of Post-Punk beats incessantly. The Silence Industry has recently set a benchmark with ‘The Crawling Eye’ that other artists will find difficult to surpass in the foreseeable future. Endowed with an impressive back catalog,  The Silence Industry approaches a topic of grave seriousness in their latest release. The track addresses omnipresent surveillance, shedding light on its profound implications as well as the personal apprehensions it evokes.   Musically, Graham Jackson creates a scene of distressing perfection, where elements of Death-Rock leave us breathless and the fear of omnipresent observation becomes palpable. Driven by a dark Post-Punk aura, Graham rises with a performance at the microphone that recalls memories of Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke). The artist not only succeeds in maintaining the tension for nearly seven minutes b

"La Dura" by Jacqueline Loor

Jacqueline Loor

Originally from Miami and currently based out of Tenerife, Loor is releasing music every month in both English and Spanish. The many sides of Jacqueline Loor are coming out at once, and the world is better for it. Loor embodies her music’s themes of inner strength and self-discovery. 
She explains, “Writing music has always been so cathartic for me, and I hope my music can help people find their own strength. I want people to feel something when they listen to my music,” she says, “so much so that it moves them to actually do something that they may have been too scared to do, or to even admit. They’re going to come out of it stronger on the other side.”



La Dura

Heute erscheint mit "La Dura" der neueste Track von Jacqueline Loor. Ein fantastischer Reggaeton meets Electro Pop Song orientiert am Puls der Zeit
Der Instrumental part perfekt gelungen. Catchy und tanzbar, ein Dancefloor filler quasi, mit hohen Wiedererkennungswert ausgestattet, das Chartpotenzial enorm hoch. Das Thema, die Stärkung der Frau, "I am all about female empowerment so when I heard it I wrote words that spoke to that theme.", lässt die Künstlerin uns wissen. 
Diese beeindruckende Kombination, sprich das Zusammenspiel aus Lyrics, musikalischer Umsetzung sowie der gesanglichen Darbietung von Jacqueline Loor, erschafft diese ungeheuerliche Energie die in einem Club Banger mündet. "La Dura" by Jacqueline Loor, female empowerment and power for the dancefloors as well.



Q&A

Jacqueline Loor is...?

A beacon of empowerment and unfiltered, honest emotion, Jacqueline Loor is an artist on a mission. Loor has been taking the sync industry by storm with a growing list of notable placements in movies and TV shows. She is a proud Latina originally from Miami, FL and currently based out of Tenerife, Spain who writes empowering music in both English and Spanish.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I am a huge classic rock fan, so artists like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, The Doors, etc. have been an inspiration to me ever since I was a kid. I have also loved Shakira and she continues to inspire me as an artist. 
I have been releasing music in English which leaned more into the dark pop genre with influences such as Lana del Rey and Billie Eilish, but I started to lean into my Latin roots lately.


Your latest track "La Dura" sounds great, what's the story behind it?

My friend Alex who is Colombian and lives in Poland produced an instrumental track and shared it with me hoping it would inspire me to write lyrics and a melody for it, and sure enough it did. 
I am all about female empowerment so when I heard it I wrote words that spoke to that theme. He loved it because he said a lot of reggaeton can be machista and there wasn't enough of it leaning towards empowering women.


Produced in Poland, sung in Spain, is this the new way of recording nowadays?

Yes, it's crazy! Technology is a pretty incredible thing and it allows musicians in all parts of the world to unite. I used to have to go to a studio to record but I decided to invest in myself and buy some solid equipment where I can record from home. That has really given me so much freedom to collaborate with musicians from all over.


What is your creative process like?

For this song Alex produced the instrumental, sent it to me and I recorded lyrics and melody over the track. I sent him my vocals and he was able to mix it all and we had a master engineer in Australia master it.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I'm very business minded which has served me well in pursuig music as a career. I feel a lot of musicians have a lot of talent with their craft and work hard at it, but sometimes don't realize they are running a business. 
I ran my parents' business for years so that really gave me skills that I use daily in my music career.


How would you describe 2021 in a sentence?

2021 was full of high notes like actively releasing music almost every single month, landing my first 3 sync placements on TV and film, leaning into my Spanish roots and writing and singing in Spanish, and having my twin sister move to Tenerife, but one of the lowest lows was losing my brother-in-law to addiction.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

I prefer a live gig!


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Yes, it's called "Waiting" that I wrote for one of my first serious boyfriends who I broke up with soon after I wrote it!


What’s next for you?

I'm going to be releasing a Spanish song every month up until I release my first Latin pop album in May or June. 
I am also going to start a course in the near future as a female empowerment dating coach! I've been coachnig close friends and family for years and I thought it was time to take it to the masses! I can't believe my Psychology degree is finally going to be put into good use! 
It's called Empowered Women's Guide and any females interested in finding the right guy can follow me on Instagram to find out when the course will be officially available.


Photo credits: Hector Socorro





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist