Skip to main content

Featured

“Walk Through the Morning Dew of Sound with The Holy Mountain’s ‘Searing Light’

“Searing Light” by The Holy Mountain “Searing Light” by The Holy Mountain is a musical gem that embodies emotional cleansing or liberation. In a world where negative feelings and experiences often weigh heavily on us, this song offers a refreshing approach. The unique instrumentation creates a new dimension that transports the listener to another sphere. Catharina Janner Røeds’ captivating vocals float above the music like a delicate mist, enveloping the soul. This singing builds a tension field that aligns well with the theme of life’s duality.  Walking in the light can be both uplifting and overwhelming. It can symbolize death as well as life. Light is often associated with good, yet here it is also portrayed as potentially dangerous. This ambivalence is reflected in the soundscape. The sublime soundscape of “Searing Light” contrasts with the pop rhythm, which somehow reminds me of A-ha. This contrast lends the piece a special rarity. The extraordinary sounds, which almost create

"No Return" by Firebug

Firebug are Juliette Tworsey and Jules Shapiro

Firebug

Joshua Tree California recording artist FireBug have captivated audiences at music venues and festivals across the globe. Performances in North America that include appearances at SXSW Austin, CMJ New York City and many others. 
In Europe FireBug has played many venues and festivals including a memorable performance at the sold out Sonisphere Festival Knebworth UK and at famous venues such as Camden's Dublin Castle in London. 
Sharing the stage with Iggy Pop , The Cult, Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine), Dave Catching (Eagles Of Death Metal) and many other known acts throughout the world. Their signature sound blends modern rock with a New Orleans influence mixed with modern folk and blues.



No Return

Heute haben wir die Band Firebug bei uns zu "Gast", der Anlass war natürlich die Veröffentlichung ihrer neuen Single "No Return", welche gestern (01/19/22) erschien. Die Inspiration, eine Reise durch Raum und Zeit. "The song came about as a result of letting my imagination run and not trying to reach for anything in particular.", so die Künstlerin. 
Es ist dieses Treiben in der Gegenwart, quasi wie ein Schiffbrüchiger auf einem Ozean namens Zeit, die Zukunft als "Land in Sicht" Aspekt, das hier musikalisch umgesetzt wird. Es gibt kein Zurück, die Zukunft ist unser Ziel.
Umgesetzt im Classical Rock und mit Elementen des Art Rocks verfeinert wird perfekt inszeniert, hymnenhaft und kraftvoll der Gesamteindruck. Dennoch gelingt es der Sängerin Juliette Tworsey
aus diesem genialen Schauspiel des Rocks herauszustechen, zusammen mit dem brillanten Jules Shapiro an der Leadgitarre, man beachte bitte sein virtuoses Gitarrenspiel, steigen sie wie ein Phönix aus der Asche um das Genre in den 2020ern wiederzubeleben. 
"No Return" by Firebug, an impressive demonstration of the genre and a brillant masterpiece in a universe where Rock meets Blues meets Art. Thanks for the unbelievable journey!


Q&A

Firebug are...?

Juliette Tworsey - Lead Vocal / Electric Guitar / Piano / Organ
Jules Shapiro - Lead Guitar/Acoustic Guitar/Organ/Moog Synthesizer


Who inspired you to make music in general and especially to your new track "No return"?

Juliette: My first influence was Jimi Hendrix. From there my influences branched out to include The Rolling Stones Cream Led Zeppelin Aretha Franklin Sandy Denny David Bowie Beck The Verve Delta Blues artists like RL Burnside Otis Rush Wilie Dixon Muddy Waters and many others.
 "No Return" was not inspired by any specific influence. The song came about as a result of letting my imagination run and not trying to reach for anything in particular.

Jules: I grew up influenced by mostly British bands from Led Zeppelin to Radiohead. When I met Juliette I was drawn more to the Blues and blues influenced classic rock bands.


"No return" will definitely be a great live song, any plans/dates to be back on stage?

Juliette/Jules: We really love to perform "No Return" with our full band! We hope to add more tour dates in 2022. Right now we are mostly performing locally in and around L.A. , the Coachella Valley and Joshua Tree California where we are based.


What is your creative process like?

Juliette: I have no specific process. I just go with the flow of ideas as they come. Sometimes it's spontaneous and at other times it's a series of incremental thoughts and ideas that come about as time goes on.

Jules: I have no specific process. Sometimes I will come up with an idea on acoustic guitar and then build the song with other instruments.etc I love working with melody and try to take in as much as I can from listening to great productions and artists/bands that push the envelope.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Juliette: Web development and coding something I picked up about 6 years ago and hugging our dog Virgil :))

Jules: I have been told that I am a good chef. I can create some fantastic dishes and allows me to tap into my creative just like music .


How would you describe 2021 in a sentence?

Juliette: An intense roller coaster ride with many ups and downs.

Jules: I am glad it's behind us too much distraction and uncertainty thrown upon us all. Good riddens!


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

Juliette: That's a tough choice but if I had to choose I would say a studio session because that is where the creative process comes to fruition.

Jules: I prefer live because I am a spontaneous musician and love feeding off of a great audience!


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Juliette: I can't say that I do, but I can say that it was likely the result of me sitting down with a guitar and a notepad to jot down lyrics.

Jules: Yes it was in college that I wrote my first song. We did perform it live in my first band in Isla Vista when I went to UCSB Santa Barbara and became a Del Playa party favorite called "Bizarre". It was very proggie!


What’s next for you?

Juliette: Releasing our next full length album Spring 2022 and getting our music out into the world!

Jules: Really excited about our new album coming Spring 2022. We put so much into this record and it sounds amazing! I hope we can tour with our full band this year and head over to Europe too!



Photo credits: Matthias Schubert





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist