Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

Q&A today: Kimerica

Kimerica is a singer-songwriter and producer of Electromusic

Kimerica

Kimerica is a singer-songwriter and producer of Electromusic/DarkPop/AlternativePop. Between 2019 and 2020, she released her first four singles
Her sound atmospheres are a great mixture of electro-pop, leftfield and the tradition of Italian songs. Besides being a songwriter, Kimerica also works as a sound engineer and music producer, which has led her to collaborate with many artists and experiment with different soundscapes.

Recently, she surprised and completely convinced us with her alternative pop track "Not Anymore". Now she's our guest for a short interview! Read some things about her, like the way how she's working, her inspiration or what we can expect from her upcoming album. Thanks for your time!

facebook     spotify     soundcloud     youtube     instagram


Q&A

Kimerica is...?

Kimerica is an Italian singer and producer, it is also an adjective that means "chimerical", I think it represents me a lot.


Who inspired you to make music in general and especially to your song "Not Anymore''?

My inspirations are so many, I owe a lot to the music of the 60s, 70s and 80s .. while more recently certainly Sevdaliza and Billie Eilish inspire me a lot in writing “Not Anymore”.


What can we expect from your upcoming album?

There will be many different sounds, electronic and otherwise, but in general you can expect something dark, sometimes ironic and very dreamy.


What is your creative process like?

I let myself be guided by the inspiration of the moment and the ideas that come to me, sometimes I start with the lyrics, sometimes with the music, I feel free to do what I want considering that the whole process is done only by me.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Perhaps my most useful talent is in the visual arts, so if I want I can be independent in doing my album covers, photos, videos, styling, etc ... I have a lot of fun!


You are from Milano, Italy, how would you describe the music scene there?

The music scene here is very fashionable, very cool and with a strong sound. Unfortunately in the last two years it has died out due to the Italian rules on live music .. I hope it will soon be reborn more brilliant than before.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

I'm a studio session type of person, it's the setting I know the best and I spend a lot of time there. But I honestly can't wait to be able to do many, many concerts with my musicians.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Yup! It's a song written in English called "Chalky Eyes", it tells a very strange dream I had at that time. I still love it very much and maybe I'll put it out on a mixtape someday.


What’s next for you?

I will be releasing two more singles soon, and then my first record will be released in the spring! I am very happy and excited.





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist