Skip to main content

Featured

From Vintage Tapes to Modern Waves: SFMD’s ‘Diving Board’ Revives the '80s!

“Diving Board” by SFMD Emerging from the vibrant heart of Liège , a band has surfaced, encapsulating the quintessence of a nostalgic epoch with a contemporary flourish. SFMD, an illustrious Belgian collective hailing from the Francophone sector, has been meticulously sculpting a distinct niche within the musical cosmos, harmonizing an eclectic fusion of Synthwave and pop elements. Incepted in the twilight of the 2000s, SFMD has unveiled two auditory compilations that have garnered acclamation from aficionados within Belgium and the international expanse. The ensemble’s constituents are progenies of the 1980s,  a decade enshrined within their sonic creations. Their oeuvre is a homage to the emblematic resonances, harmonies, and visual artistry of their formative years. Esteemed bands such as Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, coupled with virtuosos like David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder, have indelibly influenced their artistic odyssey.   SFMD’s most recent oeuvre, “Diving Board,” un

"SMVTH CRIMINAL" by AXTRVN

AXTRVN

Axtron stylised as "AXTRVN" is an electronic rock act formed by multi-instrumentalist , songwriter , DJ and producer.
AXTRVN started making music in middle of his teenage at age of 15 inspired after he saw Eminem's 'venom' performing act in empire state building , on the flip side AXTRVN was inspired by the life story of 22 year old Rebecca Sugar walking into cartoon network and started making animated videos and tried to rap on those videos as of trying to do creatively like 'big time rush' and since animation was making 'AXTRVN' overwhelmed he just jumped onto music side and took a long break from animation.
AXTRVN had yet another single release "I'll give myself tonight" charting spinnin talent pool top 1000 charts again and till now he had gained popularity among teenagers around the globe and the same year 2021 AXTRVN dropped three more singles and signed 3 record labels doing all of this under prominent name 'Axtron' now being upgraded to 'AXTRVN'


SMVTH CRIMINAL

After "Sunshine Riptide" and "Stay frosty royal milk tea" we have had to wait a few month on this release, now he's back with his latest track in his pocket. New Year, New Name, New Sound and a new great Song! Here is AXTRVN with "Smvth Criminal", a powerful banger for the Clubs.



Q&A

What was your inspiration for the new Single?

To be honest there was no inspiration at all , it just came from daily grind , every musician out there is doing some daily stuff to improve their music if they r really serious about their music career I listen to songs on Spotify then if I like smthg , I influence that on my song , this single like exactly 6 months later from my previous one called "stay frosty royal milk tea" because there was alott more than music going in the background and we all do have personal lives

How would you describe the year 2021 in a sentence?

It's been my second year in music journey , and it was more about exploring and learning rather than trying to blow up and apart from that I graduated from high school and got into college and been battling sm mental health issues So in one sentence I can say is "Change is the only thing thats constant in life "

What can we expect from you in the new year?

To be honest , idk , no promises or nothing to say like we will go above the horizons or smthg like that , I m battling my own issues like currently battling against the 5 types of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) at once , everyday , every single moment , anxiety and fear have become a normal thing to me , but anyhow I find some peace by grace of Holy spirit 
Apart from that people don't take mental health issues in India seriously , they would judge people with mental illness , make fun of mental illness and try to avoid the topic/person in every possible way So I don't want to share it with anyone. This is a lot to manage , so no promises at all

What do you prefer a live gig or a studio session?

Studio sessions for sure , and there r no live gigs from me yet and Imma kinda person who wants to live his whole life locked inside my own room , spending time only with my stuff , family and ppl who have been my friends for years

What is your creative process like and was it different for this song?

Yess it was alott more different , before starting this song I changed my DAW and I had to figure out the whole workflow for myself on this brand new DAW I m sitting with , this song is based more on feedback like I did work on every feedback I got from artists and I m really thankful for that they spent time listening to my work and suggested me improvement so a big thanks to everyone who did that










Artists of the Week! - The Playlist