Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"Falling Free" by Christine Tarquinio

Christine Tarquinio

Christine Tarquinio

Melbourne, Australia based singer/songwriter, Christine Tarquinio has a passion for turning the experiences of life, into a creative, storytelling musical journey, inviting listeners join her for the ride. Having released her first single, ‘Didn’t Even Try’ in 2014, and now with seven singles and an EP under her belt, Christine has spent the years exploring the unlimited possibilities of her creativity and the freedom potential of her music, both as a solo act and in collaboration with other artists. 
If you love the style of artists like Natalie Imbruglia, Gwen Stefani and Jewel, you are sure to be captivated by the sound of Christine Tarquinio. Christine’s husband of 20 years, she says is the secret to her success in music to date, noting that his support has allowed her the freedom and time to explore what’s possible.“There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a little seed of an idea I have for a song and seeing it bloom into it’s full potential along with my creative team, the magic just happens”.



Falling Free

Ein Song über das Wunder bzw. die Wunder des Lebens, der Liebe und alles was dazwischen Platz hat oder auch Platz nimmt. Die australische Künstlerin Christine Tarquinio veröffentlicht heute ihren neuesten Track "Falling Free" und fordert uns auf Chancen zu nutzen, Risiken einzugehen auch wenn wir davor ein wenig Angst haben, da das Leben ohnehin viele Gefahren birgt. "... this song was a way of expressing how I have learned so many lessons over the last couple of years...", so Christine selbst. 
Die musikalische Aufarbeitung eine großartige Mischung aus Indie Pop und Indie Rock welche immer wieder gekonnt auf klassische Elemente zurückgreift und diese perfekt arrangiert
Neben der hingebungsvollen Performance der Vocals darf auch der Part der Gitarre als charaktergebend tituliert werden. Beide, Vocals wie auch Gitarre, machen diese "Pop meets Rock" Mischung so ungemein hörenswert
"Falling Free" by Christine Tarquinio, the miracle of life has created a wonderful piece of music. Thank you Christine Tarquinio!



Q&A

Christine Tarquinio is ...?

...married to a wonderful supportive man named Daniel. She is a mum of 2 Primary School aged children. She has a labradoodle named Ziva who is 2 years old and rules the household and curls up beside her when she is working on her music.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

Making my own music kind of snuck up on me and it was unexpected but it was suggested to me by my mentor Maria Pellicano. She has been my vocal coach for many years now and always encouraged me to give it a go. 
As it turns out I am glad she did as I am now having the most amazing time and find it so rewarding creating something unique that I can say is part of me.


What's the story behind your latest song "Falling Free", respectively what was your inspiration?

Falling Free marks a moment in my life when we were still living through a lot of uncertainly with Covid and we were in one of our many lockdowns in Melbourne in 2021. I felt frustrated but I also wanted to hold onto hope that everything will be ok.
This song was a way of expressing how I have learned so many lessons over the last couple of years about how strong my family is and how if we just stick together, we will get through anything.
Navigating this life is full of risks and this song is a way of showing the conflict between taking chances or staying safe as we aren’t sure how things might work out.


As a singer and songwriter, what is in your opinion the hardest part concerning "writing a song"?

For me I find writing lyrics more difficult, not because I don’t know what I want to say, usually because I already have the melody worked out in my head and I have to make those lyrics fit the structure of the song. I always find a way to make it work. 
It might take me a bit longer but I take my time, that I find is the key for me. I feel there is no need to rush the creative process.


What is your creative process like?

I always will connect with a melody before anything else usually in every song I write. It is usually only a couple of bars that I quickly record as a voice memo on my phone. It may sit there untouched after that for a day, a week or a month, but I will always come back to it. 
With my life being a balance of many competing demands I always make time for my songwriting. I just have to choose my moment. I then usually workshop the song with a guitar or piano to get a simple layout of the song
I then hand the song over to my creative music partner Josh Hennessy from Pivotal Music and he then builds the song up into something marvellous to share with the listener.


At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs"?

My answer to this question could change depending on my mood
Today I feel it would be: 
Zombie by the Cranberries, 
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden & 
Time is Running out by Muse.


What's typical "Christine Tarquinio"?

Typical Christine Tarquinio is generous, kind and loyal. Is super supportive and does her best to help her friends and family at any time.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

The other side to me is the work I do in my day job. I work in IT support. I find I have a useful talent in solving computer problems. It comes in handy for my family also when they have problems with their technology.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

I remember writing the song but I couldn’t tell you what it was about. It will still be in one of my folders somewhere never to see the light of day
Songwriting is something you get better at over time and there some songs that help you on that journey and you learn from them but you keep them just for yourself.


What’s next for you?

I am looking forward to working on my 2 nd EP. I haven’t released an EP since 2016 so it is a long time coming. I am in the process of writing now for this new project and it is a very exciting time.





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist