Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

"Medicine" by pMad

pMad ist zurück

Medicine

"…and in the end hope is the medicine…"pMad ist zurück, im Gepäck eine neue Single, ein neuer Track, ein Song mit "…and in the end hope is the medicine…" Aspekt. Was würden wir ohne Hoffnung machen, wie würden wir uns verhalten, leben?
Das Thema tiefgründig, der musikalische Part ansprechend. Das Intro eindeutig gut gelungen, einmal auf "Play" gedrückt will man mehr hören, die Vocals beinahe hypnotisierend, fast schon “Mantra-esque“.
Der Aufbau, sprich die Songstruktur sorgt einerseits für die nötige Abwechslung, kleine feine hörbare musikalische Nuancen tauchen immer wieder auf und zaubern eine zum Thema passende Szenerie, und andererseits schafft sie es die Spannung vom ersten Takt weg zu halten
"Medicine" by pMad nicht nur ein weiterer Song des Künstlers, sondern auch ein weiterer wichtiger musikalischer Schritt
Im Anschluss noch ein kurzes Interview mit Paul Dillon(ja, so der Name des Künstlers) wo er uns einen kleinen Einblick zur Songinspiration gibt, ob die Möglichkeit besteht ihn live zu sehen bzw. zu hören und natürlich seine nächsten Vorhaben.



Q&A

What or who was your inspiration for your new song "Medicine"?

After years of playing parts of music, recording riffs, lyrics, soundbites and then a pandemic arrives and I get time to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. Out the box comes the album and ‘Medicine’ is one of them jigsaws that fell right into place. There is not one of us that has not struggled with some form of addictions, thoughts, desires, etc that have led us down a path of never ending and it just becomes the vicious cirle that is impossible to get out of. 
I have had my own and the one thing I found was people telling you to stop, quit or change, did not help at all, I already knew that, I knew I had to stop, I just did not know how. But I asked for help, got it and I managed with the Hope they gave me to get out. God knows where I would be today with the help of others. So I learned to ask for help but not to tell others what to do! 
The modern way of solving everything with a pill is not the way in a lot of cases, in my belief if you give people hope of getting out of poverty, addiction, self-destruction and they see that it is possible, they will get out – the survival mode in us!


I like the created atmosphere of the track, it's a bit softer but definitely with an "Underground-touch" it seems that you have found "your sound" or are there more hidden surprises for us in the future?


A sound, but a lot of different sounds seems to be what people are hearing. Everyone seems to be hearing something different, 80’s, goth, post-punk, some even mentioned industrial. As for ‘my sound’, I suppose so but I hope that people keep hearing different things in all of the songs. 
‘Who Am I’ is different in aspects to ‘Medicine’ and ‘my next single ‘Broken’ will be different again to the listener, I hope. The great artists you instantly recognise but all their music gives that something different to the listener. Hopefully that will come across as pMad continues to release music. 

pMad is not for everyone and that is the way it should be but different songs will hopefully bring in different listeners. Everything from pMad is a surprise to me these days never mind anyone else, it is an amazing experience and thoroughly enjoying it! Hopefully others are too


At the end we have "Hope is the medicine", I guess you are one of those guys who never give up, there's always a shimmer of hope somewhere, am I right?

Correct, without hope where would we be, Hope tomorrow is as good as today, Hope tomorrow is better than today. There would be no pMad with it, pulling out the old recordings and the feeling of ‘Hopefully I can make something out of these that I like’. 
Determined and selfishness are traits I have and the selfish part of me wanted to make something for me and I made time for it (now a global pandemic did assist) and make something for me and then the determination not to stop, as it is easy stop and nearly did lots of times, but thankfully got there. 
Self-doubt in your own ability is in everyone and the one thing I found in getting over that, was that it was for me, not anyone else – and if I like it, surely there will be a few others in the world that might like it too. So we will see if they do! So there is always hope, we need it!


2021 is over, if you are looking back, how would you describe your year in a sentence?

The strangest year of my life and I have had strange ones!!


Do we have the chance to see you somewhere on stage, are there any plans for some gigs or a tour this year?

All these decision I am leaving out of my hands, just enjoying the releasing of the music now after the process of making it. 
It will be up to others and I will see what is possible then. Of course would love to, it is always in the head. I believe pMad would be a good gig for people to go to, they would enjoy!! So we will see what offers come in, if any!


And as always at the end, what's next for you?

Hope the ‘Medicine’ goes down well with the public, sell the cds and onwards and upwards. From setting up my social media accounts in November 2021 to have so many brilliant followers, been played in so many places, so many reviews, just so amazing. 
People have been so kind and generous with their time, love it. Next will be ‘Broken’, release date to be decided and then………..I think ‘Broken’ will …………..I have plans, just wondering does it need to be Plan A, Plan B or Plan Z. I will keep you posted!!



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist