Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

"Something to cry about" by Savanna Blu

Savanna Blu

Savanna Blu

Savanna's voice is known for its ability to captivate each listener, encapsulating the truth & genuineness behind every note. With a voice so immersive & emotional, she's established quite the place for herself as a vocalist & artist.
Having been writing for over a decade now, the songstress is highly respected & renown for her honest & authentic storytelling through song. She's known particularly for her use of figurative expression in order to produce an emotive, soul-striking, and melodically intuitive sound guaranteed to capture the attention of any daydreamer, hopeless romantic, or embracer of all things whimsy.
She's no stranger to the stage or to an audience either. From living room house-parties, to car-ride jam sessions, to full-fledged musical productions, Savanna's ability to illuminate a space through an engaging & endearing performing presence is like no other. You'll find a steadfastness in her commitment to truly telling a story that promises to keep you burning for whatever comes next.

facebook     twitter     spotify     instagram     tiktok


Something to cry about

Die Betrachtung folgt aus der Perspektive eines zerstörten Egos, aber vor allem eines gebrochenen Herzens. Heute veröffentlicht Savanna Blu ihren neuesten Track "Something to cry about". Das Beste aus einer Beziehung zu machen bzw. diese am Laufen zu halten ist nicht immer der beste und schon gar nicht der einfachste Weg. Die Schuld nicht auf sich nehmen sondern auch zuzuweisen als Befreiungsschlag. Die bittere Wahrheit, die Schattenseiten der Liebe als Thema. 
Musikalisch wagt respektive wendet sich Savanna eher der Richtung Indie Folk Pop zu. Zum einen eine gute Wahl, da sich die Story hier perfekt inszenieren lässt und Savanna das auch brillant umsetzt, zum anderen bleibt sie nicht in ihrer Entwicklung stehen sondern streckt gekonnt ihre musikalischen Fühler aus. 
"Something to cry about", ein Reflektieren der Vergangenheit, in Szene gesetzt auf der melancholischen "Indie Folk Pop Stage" des Lebens unter der meisterhaften Regie von Savanna Blu.



Q&A

Savanna Blu is...?

Savanna Blu is a storyteller. I know that I’m here to connect with people over the human experience, in whatever facet(s) may entail. I do that best through telling & receiving stories.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I think in general to how it applies to my life, I always felt like there was so much to share & connect over. Being as deeply invested in music as I was, I knew I wanted to be able to do that for myself. 
As far as different influences, I’ve always fallen for really strong storytelling songwriters like Taylor Swift, Tracy Chapman, Henry Jamison, Julia Michaels, Ed Sheeran, Chelsea Cutler, Jack Antonoff, James Bay, Maisie Peters, Lorde, and loads more.


What's the story behind your latest release "Something to cry about", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

I wrote this song during the first time I’d completely ceased contact with a really prominent romantic figure in my life. I remember the last really ugly conversation that prompted it & immediately thinking to myself, “I am just so tired.”


What is your creative process like?

I have a recurring theme that manifests in my songwriting process, and it’s that writing has always felt like a waiting game. I’ve never been the kind of person who’s able to “prompt” my own writing— at least when I’m writing songs for myself. I’ve never been able to sit down and be like “let’s write a song tonight!” 
I’ve found that this has become super helpful in keeping a really concise nature to the authenticity in my storytelling. It’s different for different people, but my best practice is to just kind of spend time sitting with what I’ve got until whatever next part comes about & feels right.


When do you say/decide that a song is ready for a release?

I feel like I have such a personal relationship to everything that I write, so much so that it just becomes an intuitive thing, you know? I don’t think I’ve ever had some form of criteria, I just know when it feels right and feels aligned to what I wanted it to be in my head.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I’d have to say my empathy. I spend a significantly large portion of my time absorbing the different things that are shared with me in any form of connection— whether it’s a story, an energy, quality time, etc. 
My favorite part of life has always been connecting with the people you stumble upon, and being able to receive & stand as a holding space for whatever that connection needs in the moment has willed a tremendous level of honesty & relatability into my writing.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Oh my goodness, this is a deep cut haha. I remember writing my first song when I was 7, and it was called “We All Can Be Amazing”. At so young, I knew I just wanted to write songs— so with all my 7-year-old brain capacity I mustered up some lyrics about uplifting each other to be great (and other miscellaneous hopes you hold on to at 7). 
Fun fact— I ended up singing it at half-time for a basketball team I cheered for AND at karaoke night in a bowling alley somewhere in rural Illinois.


What’s next for you?

Honestly? I’m trying to find a place where I don’t necessarily always have to have an answer to that question. I think there’s a lot to say about.



Photo credits: Austin Massie



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist