Skip to main content

Featured

From Vintage Tapes to Modern Waves: SFMD’s ‘Diving Board’ Revives the '80s!

“Diving Board” by SFMD Emerging from the vibrant heart of Liège , a band has surfaced, encapsulating the quintessence of a nostalgic epoch with a contemporary flourish. SFMD, an illustrious Belgian collective hailing from the Francophone sector, has been meticulously sculpting a distinct niche within the musical cosmos, harmonizing an eclectic fusion of Synthwave and pop elements. Incepted in the twilight of the 2000s, SFMD has unveiled two auditory compilations that have garnered acclamation from aficionados within Belgium and the international expanse. The ensemble’s constituents are progenies of the 1980s,  a decade enshrined within their sonic creations. Their oeuvre is a homage to the emblematic resonances, harmonies, and visual artistry of their formative years. Esteemed bands such as Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, coupled with virtuosos like David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder, have indelibly influenced their artistic odyssey.   SFMD’s most recent oeuvre, “Diving Board,” un

"Ahava" by JIVA

JIVA

JIVA

Born in the Ukraine and now living in Israel, composer and singer Jiva Taranenko joined forces with rock musician Dmitri Dubrov, uniting genre-crossing influences with strong spiritual messagesDeep and evocative electronic vibes with a hint of moody trip-hop, soulful trickle of ethnic music and an endless source of inspiration for the lost ones.
Jiva writes music in Hebrew and you will not have to know the language to understand the message: “Music is the universal language of the soul. Therefore, it doesn’t matter what language the song is written in, if it gets into the heart

facebook     spotify     youtube     instagram     tiktok

Ahava

Eine, in der Ukraine geborene, Künstlerin, jetzt in Israel zu Hause, namens JIVA bescherte uns dieser Tage einen "Lovesong". Ein Lied in dem es nicht um die romantische Liebe geht, sondern um die Liebe als Basis des Lebens, des Miteinanders, Liebe im Kontext des friedlichen Zusammenlebens. Die Liebe als Fluss durch unser Herz, ein Strom in dem kein "richtig" oder "falsch" existiert. Wo immer Liebe vorhanden ist, entsteht wahres Leben oder wahres Leben, lässt Liebe entstehen, so das Thema des Songs. 
Musikalisch bewegen wir uns hauptsächlich im Genre des Electro Pop mit feiner Trip Hop Note, die kurzen aber sehr prägnanten Ausflüge ins Rave/EDM Genre sorgen für das gewisse Etwas und verschieben den Song in Richtung Art Pop. Ein Genre das Jiva behagt, in dem sie brilliert"Ahava" by JIVA eine Song mit lyrischer Aktualität und Musik am "Beat" der Zeit, Alternative meets Art in its finest perfection!



Q&A

JIVA is...?

... a multicultural musical project. I'm Jiva Taranenko - Israeli singer of Ukrainian origin. I write songs in different languages. Dmitry Dubrov, a talented music producer, creates arrangements and music.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

Since early childhood, I have heard music inside me. Various harmonies, rhythms, melodies. Some of them are very important to me. In order to be able to transmit the music to the world, I took music lessons during my childhood, as well as vocal and songwriting lessons to get myself ready for the songwriting/composing process.


What's the story behind your latest release "Ahava", respectively what or who was your inspiration?
JIVA - "Ahava"

I have been thinking about the structure of this world for many years. That millions of people are born, live, suffer and die and if there is a deep meaning in this, then it's only love. 
In those periods when a stream of love flows through our hearts, there are no right or wrong, there is no senselessness and suffering. That's whenever real life exists. Therefore, the main idea of ​​the song is: "Where there is love, there is life"


You say "Music is a universal language", in times like these, more important than before or ever, isn't it?

Yes, I really think that music is a universal language. You need to know the lyrics to the song in order to feel it and catch its message. Now this is very important. 
 Many people are divided into groups, groups that oppose each other and that is their only meaning. But there are things that unite and are understandable to all of us at a deep level.


What is your creative process like?

It happens in different ways. Sometimes I hear a melody and sit down at the piano to play it. And then I work with it and its structure. Sometimes there is a phrase that, like a mantra, spins in circles in my head. And I pick a tune for her. 
 I write music on the piano or acoustic guitar, record my voice and send it over to Dmitry. He gives it a listen and tries to realize my idea of ​​vision with the help of electronic instruments and beats. This is how our collaboration is working.


You are from Ashkelon, how would you describe the music scene there?

Before coming to Israel, I performed and toured a lot in Ukraine and Russia. In Israel, I performed and won several vocal and musical competitions, and also took part in the international project "For the sake of peace and good"


At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs"?

So far it is “Ahava” , “Manta”, “Hosheh”, but soon there will be new songs and then the answer will change.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

It's hard for me to judge my talents, but last year I became the champion of Israel in powerlifting. This is a sport where you need to lift the maximum weight in three movements: bench press, squat with a barbell and deadlift. 
I also work as a photo model and participate in various photo portraits. In addition, I work as a trainer at the Body Work Room studio. I help people with health problems through physiotherapy, yoga, mobility and stretching.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Yes. I was 6 years old. I played it on the accordion. On that day, I realized that it was more interesting for me to write music than to learn already written music from notes.


What’s next for you?

I can't look far ahead. I am in the present now. Now I want to write music and songs and share them with the world and people. There will be many more songs, concerts, festivals. 
I would like to shoot clips for already written songs. I would like to cooperate with musicians and producers from different countries. I want my music to sound like a soundtrack in films and TV shows. So it will be so.


NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist