Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

"(closer to) clear" by Austin Marquez

Austin Marquez

Austin Marquez

Austin Marquez is a New York City based singer/songwriter. His music lives in the world of pop, but pulls from cinematic, ethereal and ambient stylistic influences that transports his listeners into the stories in which his lyrics depict.
Austin has been performing his entire life, and has been writing music since the age of 10. He uses his experience as a queer individual, as well as his journey with self-discovery, sobriety and his interest in human connection to tell stories that are so personal, they become universal.
Austin’s ultimate goal is to bring people together, relate to his audience by making them feel understood and heard, and to lift others energies and spirits with his music.


(closer to) clear

Heute stellen wir euch Austin Marquez aus New York vor, der letzte Woche sein gelungenes Debüt feierte. "(closer to) clear" der Namen seines Werkes, seiner Veröffentlichung, das sich durchaus hören lassen kann. Musikalisch bewegt er sich zwischen Electronic Dream meets Commercial Pop und begeistert vor allem durch sein Storytelling, welches eingebettet in bezaubernden Soundlandschaften, zu überzeugen weiß. 
Einerseits treffen wir auf ein atmosphärisches Klangerlebnis, andererseits beleuchtet der Künstler die Schattenseite sozialer Medien, eine Welt in der die Authentizität immer mehr verloren gehen zu scheint. "...influenced by my personal relationship with the toxic aspects of social media...", wie er selbst sagt. 
Ein Song über Hoffnung, Neugier und Erwartungen die im Nebel der Wahrheit verschwinden oder "(closer to) clear" by Austin Marquez ein äußerst hörenswertes Debüt eines aufstrebenden Künstlers. Im Anschluss, wie so oft, ein kurzes Interview mit dem Künstler, wo man ein wenig mehr über Austin erfahren kann.



Q&A

Austin Marquez is...?

... a queer singer-songwriter based in New York City who is in love with writing lyrics, spelling stories, and shaking his booty!


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I grew up loving pop music and was influenced by the big pop divas like Britney and Cher. I was also surrounded by music in my family and their support drove me to pursue my passion for writing and performing music as it’s what I did ever since I was a bitty.


What's the story behind your latest release "(closer To) clear", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

Sonically, I have been really influenced by other queer pop artists like Troye Sivan and Isaac Dunbar. In addition, artists like Conan Gray and Lorde have been big influences for this specific release.
Lyrically, I was influenced by my personal relationship with the toxic aspects of social media and exploring what is authentic and what is artificial.


What is your creative process like?

Inspiration can hit me whenever. Most of my ideas start with a note or a voice memo. A lot of inspiration comes when teaching a class, riding the train, or taking a shower (lots of inspiration happens in my lengthy showers). 
From there when I have time to myself I’ll sit down and start drafting a story, building off of those moment of inspiration. It always starts with the lyrics for me.


You say, your goal is to bring people together, are there any plans to see/hear you on stage?

That is the goal! I was lucky enough to bring some of my closest friends together for this release and it definitely has me eager to pursue some bigger performance opportunities. I think music is meant to be a shared experience.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Being an amazing uncleand staying sober!


At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs"?

Wide Open Spaces by The Chicks
Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz
Say You’ll Be There by Spice Girls


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

At this point we are just looking forward! Everything happened to get me to where I am today.


What’s next for you?

More music, more dancing, more community. I have a lot of stories to tell.



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist