Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

"Constant reminder" by N4November

N4November

N4November is…?

... a one man not-so-band. I always knew I didn’t want to use my own name when I were to start my music journey, and so I went under N4November. For now it is just me, but maybe one day I’ll get to call N4November a band. 
I am a Filipino-Chinese born Australian who sings, plays guitar and spends my days trying to song write, mostly failing. I tend to lean more into the pop-rock side of music, but I enjoy and inspired by all genres of music.

facebook     twitter     spotify     youtube     instagram


Constant reminder

"A poetic mess", ein poetisches Durcheinander, beschreibt der Künstler, N4November, seinen Song. Die Inspiration dazu, seine Gefühle, der Zustand seiner Emotionen einem Pulverfass gleich, kurz vor der Explosion. Alles hatte sich aufgestaut, alles musste einfach raus, ja, alles musste gesagt bzw. ausgesprochen werden. Ein Zustand den der eine oder andere von uns eventuell allzu gut kennt. "Constant reminder", eine Interpretation eines emotionalen Ausbruchs
Die musikalische Umsetzung eine beachtenswerte Mischung aus Emo Rock mit starker Pop Färbung. Der Einstieg, ein Intro das den Hörer neugierig macht weiterzuhören, gut gelungen. Der Song hat, beginnend vom Intro über die Strophe bis hin zum Refrain, dieses gewisse Etwas, erzeugt  diese Energie die es benötigt um den Funken überspringen zu lassen. 
Die Vocals liefern eine äußerst gute Performance, irgendwo zwischen Melancholie und Euphorie scheint alles zu kollidieren und endet in der genialen Expression des Künstlers, welche dem anfänglichen "poetisches Durcheinander" doch noch die Struktur gibt. 
"Constant reminder" by N4November ein wichtiger Schritt für den Künstler und ein großartiger Song für uns.



Q&A

Who inspired you to make music in general?

This might sound crazy cause I make pop-rock music, but my biggest inspiration is Taylor Swift, that answer will never ever change. From when the original version of Love Story came out, I have been a massive fan of hers. Maybe as a hopeless romantic, I am instantly drawn to what she rights about and the way her story telling is so captivating. Her 3rd studio album, Speak Now, being my favourite of her discography so far, and probably forever will be. 
If I could go back in time, it will definitely be to her Speak Now world tour, the one where she covered Lucky by Britney Spears specifically. But once I started exploring more artists and genres of music, I discovered The 1975, 5 Seconds of Summer, Paramore and a whole lot more. All the 2014ish Tumblr albums really made me who I am today.


What's the story behind your latest release "Constant reminder", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

This song is just full of mumbo jumbo of how I was feeling at the time. Unlike my previous song, “Dear Friend,”, that song was a story about a certain subject I am not yet brave enough to talk about, but this latest release is all about my messy, over-emotional, highly-sensitive thoughts. 
Most of the lines don’t match up to the previous lines, I had so many feelings I wanted to let out, and so here came all these messy thoughts. I wanted to express things I was too afraid to say, cause if I did, I would seem crazy, and needy and, well mostly insane. So instead of saying out loud, I carefully crafted this song into what it is today a poetic mess.


What's the most time intensive part concerning songwriting for you?

To be honest, the hardest part to write is just coming up with the melody of the song. If I don’t have a melody, I won’t be able to write. I don’t know how other people write, maybe they write out the song first then come up with the melody, but that’s not the case with me unfortunately. 
I’m always so afraid of repeating the same melody when I write. One time I was so afraid, that I almost scrapped a song cause it sounded a little too similar to another song I wrote, but turns out this almost-scraped song is my most favourite I’ve written so far.
I aim to be as vulnerable as I can when I write, but very carefully written, not too many details, but just enough to make people wonder what or who I am writing about. Which honestly is the easier part of writing.


When do you say or decide that a song is ready for the release?

For everyone this answer will be different. I remember one time, this aspiring artist asked me if I could check out some of things he had written, I said yes, but ultimately my opinion wouldn’t matter, cause it just depends if the artists themselves are happy and content with what they’ve written. Which is exactly how I know if a song is ready for release. 
Something I had to learn when releasing my debut song, “Dear Friend,”, is that you need to know when to stop. Yes I could keep changing the lyrics to make it better, or keep re-recording for the perfect take, or keep working on the instrumental to make it more interesting, but at the end of the day, sometimes you have to take a step back, and be proud of what you’ve accomplished and call it a day.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Easy question, eating sushi! I could endlessly eat sushi all day everyday. But to be honest, when I was re-watching House M.D. for the billionth time, they’ve made me scared of eating too much sushi. 
Every time they found a tin can of tuna or something related to fish in a patient’s home, they would immediately think of mercury poisoning, which has made me scared to always eat sushi, yikes.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

Most definitely! It’s a song I wrote back when I was 16, I am turning 22 in less than 3 weeks. It’s a song I called “Mistakes and Heartbreak”, which strangely the title of the song never appears in the song itself. Well it is a filler title if I’m going to be honest, I never knew what to actually call it, cause there were no defining words to the song. 
The song is about naive-love, thinking you were enough but turns out you had to go though more experiences and relationships to understand what went wrong. I am planning for this song to be the next N4November project.


What’s next for you?

Well as I said before, I plan on working on this song I wrote when I was 16, hopefully soon. And after the next release will come the first N4November EP! 
No spoilers, but I’ve written so many songs that I’ve already planned so far ahead until the first N4November full length album. 2022 is going to be a big year for N4November, but won’t be as big as these coming years.





NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist