Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

"Do You Regret It?" by Cristal B.

Cristal B.

Cristal B.

... is an independent pop singer-songwriter based in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Music has been her passion since Cristal was a child. This passion led to her songwriting, performing in musicals, playing guitar & piano, and most recently — producing her own songs. Cristal’s music is pop with elements of soul and alternative music (think Adele meets Lana Del Rey meets Taylor Swift).
Cristal’s recent singles have been a great introduction to who she is as a person and artist. She’s not afraid to be real and raw with her listeners as she successfully takes them on an intimate musical journey with her honest lyricism. For Cristal, music has always been a form of therapy and it has helped her process life. She wants her music to do that for others as well. Her goal is to connect with her audience and help them feel understood



Do You Regret It?

"Broken Heroes" oder auch der Vorgänger "Bittersweet" klingen noch in unseren Ohren, großartige Songs mit denen die Künstlerin bereits auf sich aufmerksam gemacht hatte. Cristal B. meldet sich zurück und veröffentlicht heute ihren neuesten Track. "Do You Regret It?" heißt der Song und ich kann's vorweg nehmen, "...you will not regret it, if you listening to this song...". 
Der Umgang mit den Nachwirkungen einer "giftigen" Beziehung und der Erschöpfung, welche miteinhergeht. Die wahre Geschichte erzählen, auch wenn es unangenehm ist und für sich selbst einstehen, als Inspiration
Musikalisch bewegt sich die Künstlerin wieder ausgezeichnet auf ihrem vertrauten Terrain. Cristal B. als Hauptdarstellerin, begleitet von wunderbaren Vokalharmonien im Background und einem Klavier dass die Einsamkeit wie auch die Zerbrechlichkeit des Lebens andeutet respektive wiederspiegelt. Inmitten dieser dramatischen Inszenierung, Cristal B., eine Künstlerin die eindrucksvoll und aufs Neue beweist dass sie noch einiges zu bieten hat und noch lange nicht Schluss ist. 
"Do You Regret It?" by Cristal B., real and raw and if you do not listen to her songs then you will definitely regret it!



Q&A

What’s the story behind your latest song "Do You Regret It?”, respectively what or who was your inspiration?

"Do You Regret It?" was inspired by the aftermath of a toxic relationship. So many of us don’t speak up for ourselves when wronged because we don’t want to be judged or we’re embarrassed. 
This song is like a big “screw you” to the gaslighters and manipulators we all deal withI’ll never actually say who it’s about, but only because they don’t deserve the recognition.


In your opinion, what’s the most time intensive part concerning songwriting (from an idea to the final version)?

The actual writing doesn’t usually take me that long. It’s usually the production that takes the longest for me because I’m still fairly new to producing, so I take extra time to make sure everything feels right. 
I never want the message of the song to get lost behind a ton of production. It takes me a bit to find a good balance sometimes.


You told us that you love to perform live on stage, are there any plans for some gigs?

I fully intend to line up some gigs later this year, so stay tuned for that. They’ll be in south Florida for now, but I’ll be doing livestreams for my listeners that live elsewhere.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

That list gets longer by the second, honestly. I’d say at the very top are Taylor Swift, Adele, and Ashe. Some up-and-coming artists I’d really love to write with are Maisie Peters, Catie Turner, Abigail Barlow, and Sarah Kinsley.


What’s typical “Cristal”?

Typical “Cristal” would be writing a super sad song as therapy and feeling supremely happy about it.


Concerning Social Media, is it fun or more a necessary evil (to be 24h available)?

Social media is fun when it comes to making connections. I love being able to connect with my listeners throughout the day. 
I’ve also collaborated with some amazingly talented people thanks to social media. It’s not as fun when I have to use it as a promotional tool, but I’m still grateful for it nonetheless.


At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs”?

It’s sooooo hard to narrow it down, but I’ll try!

"All I Ask" by Adele,
"Bidi Bidi Bom Bom" by Selena, and
"Crazy" by Patsy Cline.

I’m never not in the mood to hear these.


What’s next for you?

I have a couple more singles planned before I release my first EP in the fall. I’m very excited to put out these songs and connect with more of my listeners. It’s shaping out to be a busy year for my music and I hope you’ll follow me along for the ride!



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist