Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

"Redemption" by Bernadett

Bernadett

Bernadett comes from Budapest, Hungary and was born into a musician family. Her maternal grandfather was József B. Suha, one of Hungary’s greatest violinists as well as composer. His compositions are played worldwide to this day. 
She began learning to play the violin at age 6 but only decided to dedicate her life to music following a concert tour in Italy when she was 13. From the age of 18, she continued her studies at the Music Academy in Graz, Austria, and became the student of Professor Silvia Marcovici, an outstanding world-renowned violin soloist. 
She originally studied classical music but since her dream was to bring joy to all kinds of audiences with her favorite musical genres, she perfected numerous styles of music on her violin in the most varied ways.



Redemption

Heute bei uns "zu Gast", Bernadett, eine begnadete Musikerin, Violinistin um genau zu sein. Mit im Gepäck hat sie, "Redemption" ihre neueste Veröffentlichung, eigentlich ihr Debüt. "I wanted to make a milestone in my life and have my own music.", sagt sie selbst darüber und diesen Meilenstein haben wir uns natürlich angehört. 
Die Musikerin, Protagonist wie auch Storyteller, ihr Instrument - die Feder, die Tinte - ihre Interpretation, könnte man fast meinen. 
Bernadett, eine Künstlerin die Gefühle hörbar macht, ohne sie in Worte zu fassen. Ihre Performance gleicht einem wilden Tanz, ausdrucksstark und voller Energie ohne dabei die Eleganz aus den Augen zu lassen. Leidenschaftliche Euphorie inszeniert im grandiosen Genremix “Electro meets Classic“. "Redemption" by Bernadeitt, where passionated elegance meets the “Zeitgeist“ for a dance. Im Anschluss daran, findet ihr wie so oft, noch ein kurzes Interview um die Künstlerin ein wenig besser kennen zu lernen. Thanks for your time!



Q&A

Bernadett Nyari is...?

I am a Hungarian violinist and I dedicated my whole life to music. I often say, violin is my passport, because thanks to the violin I have performed more than in 90 countries and 150 cities. But I also say, that music is my life, and definetely I just can not live without it.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I come from musical family. Everybody is musician, so when I was a kid, I didn’t really need an inspiration. I didn’t have a choice. I had to choose an instrument. Step by step, along the years I had many inspiration. 
Definitely my grandfather is my biggest inspiration. He was one of the best violinist I know and his dream was to perform in the United States, but unfortunately he never made it. This is the reason why I live in the USA now, to make his dream come true
My teacher from the Music University, prof. Silvia Marcovici also my big inspiration. And so many other artists around the world. One of my big inspirations is Andrea Bocelli.


What's the story/the theme behind your latest song "Redemption", respectively what was your inspiration?

My repertoire includes thousands of songs, but all these songs are cover songs. I wanted to make a milestone in my life and have my own music. To create something new, something special. 
For most of the people around the world, violin has never been a “cool instrument” as the guitar for example. Most of the people think, that it is a classical instrument, and you can only play classical music on it. Of course nowadays we started to listen to some pop music by violinists as well, most of the time with electric violin. 
But I still met with many people around the world who’s favorite instrument is definitely not the violin. I like to change that. I wanted to create a type of music, which is combining the romance of classical music with the contemporary feel of modern production. I am on a mission to break the stereotypes of classical music, and show listeners that there are no barries when it comes to music.


You combine "Classic" with "Popular Music" in an amazing way, what's the big difference between the genres or between those Worlds of Music?

I wouldn’t say that there is any difference actually. There are so many different types of music around the world, just like different languages. There is no bad music style or good music styles. Everybody has different tastes. 
However I experienced, that people have some stereotypes about violin and I am on a mission to break these stereotypes of classical music, and show listeners that there are no barries when it comes to music.


If someone says, I want to listen to classical music, what would you suggest as the first song or composer?

Oh My God… So many options to say. 
It depends how much the listener likes classical music.

For beginner classical music listeners I would recommend:
Strauss: Walses
Mozart: A Little Night Music

For Advanced classical music listeners I would recommend:
Handel-Halvorsen: Passacaglia
Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64,

For Intermediate classical music listener I would recommend:
Paganini: Violin Concerto No.1 in D Major Op.6
Ysaye: Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Ballade Op. 27



Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Andrea Bocelli


If you could change anything in the past, what would it be?

I wish I could meet my grandfather and he could be my violin teacher.


How many hours daily do you spend on the violin?

I used to practice 4-5 hours. Recently I travel a lot for concerts so it’s very difficult to manage this every day. I still try to practice at least 2 hours every day.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Very good questions. I think I am very good with people. I have a very positive personality, I like to see everything from the brighter side and I love to talk to people. They often open up to me and this means a lot.


What's next for you?

I am working on two new albums. Towards the end of 2022 I will release my new album with cover songs only. Name of the album will be: The World on My Strings. I am very excited about it. 
In 2023 I will release my first album with only original songs. I can’t wait for that. The first song of that album (Redemption) will be available actually on March 11th, 2022.




Artists of the Week! - The Playlist