Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

"Soft Psycho" by Stefa

Stefa, singer-songwriter

Stefa is…?

... a singer-songwriter and passionate guitarist. I love performing live and I love mixing rock, blues and folk influences into my sound. I’m based in Brussels but I have lived on 3 continents so my first album was almost a travel diary. Now I’m more interested in relationships and characters and that’s what I write about.

facebook     soundcloud     bandcamp     spotify     instagram     youtube


Soft Psycho

Neuanfänge und die Erkenntnis dass es in Ordnung ist, ein wenig verrückt zu sein, als Thema. Verpackt im Genre des bluesigen Neo-Soul serviert die Singer und Songwriterin Stefa einen perfekten ersten Track zum bevorstehenden Album
Ihre Leidenschaft zum Gitarrenspiel, kaum zu überhören und prägend für den Song. Die Vocals, in ihrer Performance herausragend, schweben irgendwo im souligen Blues oder im bluesigen Soul Universum, wie immer man es sehen möchte. 
Bass und Drums grooven elegant im Background und erzeugen, mit Unterstützung des Keyboards, eine mondäne Clubatmosphäre. 
"Soft Psycho" by Stefa, a touch of R'n'B meets Soul to discover the Blues or simply "The sweet perfection of a song". Im Anschluss noch ein kurzer Q&A part um etwas mehr über die Künstlerin selbst zu erfahren. Thanks for your time, Stefa!



Q&A

Who inspired you to make music in general?

My big brother, my mother, poets and writers like Jim Morrison, Emily Dickinson and the Brontë sisters, as well as great musicians like Hendrix, Clapton or Sting.


What's the story behind your latest release "Soft Psycho", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

Soft Psycho is about new beginnings and the realisation that it’s OK to be a little crazy as long as you share this attitude with your loved ones. It was written during the half lockdown and very much inspired by my partner who is also a musician.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I always see the upside of things, and I love inventing games, so I never get bored.


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

It was written for my best friend’s birthday in secondary school. I was 14 and it was a funny song about our latest adventures.


What’s next for you?

I’m working on a new album which will come out in September. I also have several live gigs planned in Brussels so follow @stefazic and come and say hi!




NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist