Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

"Far Unseen" by HD Hausmann

Liam Palmer, HD Hausmann

HD Hausmann is...?

Well, it’s less a band and more a broad collection of musicians, producers and friends really, I started it a few years ago as an alternate outlet to the band I was in and since then have worked with loads of people including my grandmother, mother and sister; the latter two sang backing vocals on this single. The Hausmann part was inspired by the street Proust lived a lot of his life on and the HD is just letters I’d been using to catalog.

instagram     facebook     twitter     spotify     soundcloud     youtube

Far Unseen

"...I wrote this song under a little tree in the garden, inspired by a meteor shower we watched one night ...", als Vorwort. HD Hausmann ist zurück, zurück mit "Far Unseen". Ein Song der als Widmung, als kleines Geschenk bzw. Aufmerksamkeit an das zweite Kind seiner Schwester geschrieben wurde.
Inspiriert von einem Foto welches Sterne zeigt, respektive drei die hervorstechen und den Neuankömmling willkommen heißen. Liebe, Hoffnung und Drama in der Unendlichkeit, verschwindend klein im Gesamten, riesengroß und von enormer Wichtigkeit im "eigenen" Universum. 
Eine perfekte Story eingebettet am Firmament namens Folktronica. Eine Komposition die sowohl klanglich wie auch lyrisch zu überzeugen weiß. Kreativ, poetisch und ausdrucksvoll die Inszenierung, in welcher Liam Palmer gefühlvoll performt und beseelt den Taktstock schwingt. "Far Unseen" by HD Hausmann definitely real magic!

Q&A

Who inspired you to make music in general?

Originally as a teenager Green Day, then in my early 20s Tom Waits and more recently Kanye West and Bon Iver (22,a million & i,i) the production is so good that I wanted to sit down and try and emulate a little of what they were doing. 
More broadly speaking music and poetry was always an incredibly way to make sense of life and to shed anything unpleasant, I always notice my mood shift if I’ve not made anything in a long time, I love how good it can make you feel to create something.


What's the story behind your latest release "Far Unseen", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

A group of us went out and did an artist retreat in Kythira, Greece back in 2019. I wrote a bunch of songs there including this one under a little tree in the garden, inspired by a meteor shower we watched one night while hanging out and having a beer, real magic!


What can we expect from your upcoming Album?

A cosmic opera.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

More friends, more strangers, I’d really like to get into learning Greek Rembetiko music so someone with a background in that would be ace.


At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs"?

Lana Del Rey - Video Games
I’d love to put ‘Sweet Carolina’, ‘Blue Banisters’, ‘Venice Bitch’, ‘White Dress’ or ‘Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have’ here but since you ask for all time, I guess it’s hard to ever write a better song than ‘Video Games’, in my humble, humble opinion.
Prince - Let’s go crazy
Nothing better than Prince to get you moving.
Tom Waits - Jayne’s blue wish
I could put anything from the Bawlers section of Orphans really but this is a real gem.


Concerning Social Media, is it fun or more a necessary evil?

I think more that it’s just become a little bland, it used to be kinda fun and maybe then it became a necessary evil but seems now to have just become really formulaic and a bit rubbish, lots of well manicured windows of unlife and posturing for clout plus it’s an absolute time zapper.


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I like to paint, quite badly but I like to do it, I can’t say it’s particularly a useful talent though, aside from as a meditative tonic. 
You can see my broad oeuvre here https://www.instagram.com/__lbp_/


What’s next for you?

Family fun times, regular work and as much creativity I can cram into the remainder of the day. I just need to keep showing up for things and letting it all flow through. 
In the long term I’d like to explore as many alien things (to me) as possible, keep learning, keep growing.







Artists of the Week! - The Playlist