Skip to main content

Featured

From Vintage Tapes to Modern Waves: SFMD’s ‘Diving Board’ Revives the '80s!

“Diving Board” by SFMD Emerging from the vibrant heart of Liège , a band has surfaced, encapsulating the quintessence of a nostalgic epoch with a contemporary flourish. SFMD, an illustrious Belgian collective hailing from the Francophone sector, has been meticulously sculpting a distinct niche within the musical cosmos, harmonizing an eclectic fusion of Synthwave and pop elements. Incepted in the twilight of the 2000s, SFMD has unveiled two auditory compilations that have garnered acclamation from aficionados within Belgium and the international expanse. The ensemble’s constituents are progenies of the 1980s,  a decade enshrined within their sonic creations. Their oeuvre is a homage to the emblematic resonances, harmonies, and visual artistry of their formative years. Esteemed bands such as Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, coupled with virtuosos like David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder, have indelibly influenced their artistic odyssey.   SFMD’s most recent oeuvre, “Diving Board,” un

Q&A Today: Jone Lindman & Andreas Grannes

Jone Lindman & Andreas Grannes

On this sunny Monday, we are able to present Jone Lindman and Andreas Grannes in a short interview. They told us something about their collaboration on "Letters", their talents or the music scene in Haugesund. Listen now to their latest release "Letters" and read this Q&A! Thanks for your time!

facebook     spotify     soundcloud     youtube     instagram


Jone Lindman & Andreas Grannes are...?

JL: Jone is 31 years old from Haugesund in Norway. He have studied music in Bergen, and now makes music in his attic. In 2021 he released his debut album «Old Ghosts and New Ones» through the record label FAJo Music.

AG: Andreas Grannes is a 32 year old artist located in Haugesund, Norway. He started as a rock vocalist in bands like AIM and The Grand Fools before pursuing a solo career. He released his first single “Darkness” in march 2020.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

JL: It started the first time I heard a Blink 182 song, I might have been around 12-13 years when they blew my mind. Then I started learning guitar to become as cool as Tom Delonge. I was supposed to become a football player but when my knees got injured I couldn't play anymore. Then the guitar became my full time passion and I started playing in a punk band called Factor 17 at the age of 16.

AG: I have always enjoyed singing since I was a child, and singers like Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) and Øyvind Osa (El Caco) was great influences when I was a teenager. It was a coincidence the first time I auditioned for a band, and after that I was hooked. After learning to play guitar I found the passion of songwriting.


What's the story behind your latest release "Letters", respectively what or who was your inspiration?

JL: I had this song I was a bit stuck on. And I asked Andreas if he wanted to help me write some lyrics and vocals on it. After he had written some lyrics, I wrote my verse inspired by his lyrics.

AG: Jone showed me this song that he had been working on for some time. I felt a connection to it and after a month I had found the vocal melody and the lyrics! There was a emotion in the song that felt melancholic and powerful, so I feel the theme of the lyrics fit well into this soundscape.


Can we expect more songs out of that collaboration in the future?

JL: For sure! I am very open for collaborations with Andreas. He have an amazing voice!

AG: Sure! Jone is easy to work with, and we enjoy a lot of the same music. I also find him extremely talented as a artist, songwriter and producer.


What are your most useful talents besides music?

JL: I am very active with different sports. I play a lot of squash for work out and fun.I am very competitive. I am a sore looser and even a worse winner.

AG: I was an active football player when I was younger. I dont think I had the biggest talent, but I worked hard. When I was around 21 years old I was playing in the third division here in Norway, but the passion for music made me choose that road and I retired from football. 



At this moment what would be your "All time Top 3 Songs"?

JL: I have been obsessed with Axel Flovent´s music the last years. 
So his song «How Can I»is one of my all time fav. And one song is «What it means to be human»by Hayden CalninAnd the last one must be Holly Humberstone´s song «Please dont leave just yet». This is my fav songs atm. But my fav bands is Bon Iver, The 1975 and Axel Flovent.

AG: 1. Silas The Magic Car - Mew 2. Siberian Breaks - MGMT 3. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac


You are from Haugesund, Norway how would you describe the music scene there?

JL: Its a small city where people talk each other down instead of up. Sadly. And if your not with the right people, its hard getting anywhere.

AG: I just moved back to Haugesund after 10 years living on the other side of the country so I find it hard to describe how it is right now. But I feel that it's hard to connect with other musicians and to break trough in this little city is hard! 
Susanne Sundfør and VAMP are local names that are pretty big here in Norway, so it's not impossible.


What’s next for you?

JL: I will continue making songs, thats all I know right now. I have many songs ready for recording.

AG: Right now I just want to write more songs. I love the creative process. I also have some new material ready to be recorded! Some gigs and collaborations are also in the making!




Artists of the Week! - The Playlist