Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

Q&A Today: Josie Edie May ("Washing Lines")

Josie Edie May

Josie Edie May

From the heart of the Suffolk countryside to the bustling streets of Brighton, Josie Edie May writes of life, love and the world around her. Her emotionally intelligent lyrics and beautiful melodies create well-crafted songs, shining light on social attitudes and the emotions of growing up.

Josie Edie May.uk     facebook     twitter     spotify      soundcloud    youtube     instagram




Josie Edie May is...?

Hi, I am Josie Edie May. I am a singer-songwriter from Suffolk, currently living and studying in Brighton. I have been writing songs since a very young age. I have always used songwriting as a coping mechanism and a way of processing emotions.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

Taylor Swift. I remember the first song of hers that I heard was ‘picture to burn’, I used to watch the music video repeatedly. Her music really inspired me to continue writing and as she grew as an artist I was inspired in new ways.


What's the story behind your song "Washing Lines", what was your inspiration, respectively ?

I wrote Washing Lines in May 2021. I was sitting on a bus that was driving around the outskirts of Brighton and I wrote the first verse. I was thinking about how people grow up in different situations and places but how that doesn’t always affect where they end up. 
The song is a social commentary that questions stereotypes and states that our perception of situations may not reflect the whole truth. The song is also a love letter to Suffolk and my childhood home.


What's in your opinion the most time intensive part concerning songwriting?

Lyric writing is the most important part of songwriting to me. Lyric writing has always come very naturally to me, my brain is constantly listening out for obscure metaphors or new words. I usually write the lyrical theme or the main idea when out and about and then work on the melody and the music after, then the rest of the song develops from there.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Well obviously Taylor Swift. But I would also love to collaborate with Maisie Peters as I’ve always admired her lyric writing strategies.


What are your "All time Top 3 Songs", right now, in this second?

My favourite songs change every single day but right now:
I Did Something Bad by Taylor Swift
Blood by Kaitlin Butts
Pluto by Jake Wesley Rogers


What's your most useful talent besides music?

Probably photography, I love taking photos and I really enjoy editing.


What’s next for you?

I am currently working on more new music, so keep an eye out this summer!



SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist