Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

Q&A Today: Poltergeist

Poltergeist

Poltergeist

"Ich bin ein Kämpfer"

"A robotic rhythm, combined with a majestic mixture of guitars, machines and keyboards, on which the crows of the cold wave, the krautrock ghosts or the shadow of Rodolphe Burger are flying on."

instagram     facebook     spotify



Poltergeist is...?

Poltergeist is...an entity, a being from elsewhere...that we listen toLike sound matter, it can only be heard and not touched ;) But POLTERGEIST is above all a musician, producer of French electronic music.
I'm 20 years old. I’m from Chalon-sur-sâone, France, where I was able to learn music in different ways. Passing through art music, jazz and of course contemporary music, which led me to POLTERGEIST.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I am greatly inspired by the whole electronic wave of the 80s, such as Depeche Mode, New Order, Talking Heads, Kraftwerk, Crash course in science. 
I am passionate about sound literally; “sound matter”. I find that there is something magical in the English sound for example. A finesse, a natural class.


What's the story behind your release "Ich bin ein Kämpfer", what or who was your inspiration, respectively?

"Ich bin ein Kämpfer" (i'm a fighter) is quite a meaningful title given the current situation in the world. In this title I tell about my fight against time, it's a subject that concerns everyone , which is of particular interest to me. 
Perhaps because of the mysterious character of the notion of “time”. The repetitive and infinite, impartial side of time inspired this piece. The fact that there is a before, a present and an after in the same space time. I often say that I want to live in another era, maybe it's a way for me to create my own universe.
The repetitive "drum machine" character of the track is inspired by the 80's synthwave/coldwave vibe


I have read something about a forthcoming album in June, how far is the progress and what can we expect from?

Yes ! We are working on it but nothing is official, I like to keep the mystery. However, we can expect something new by the end of the year.


What is your creative process like?

I find myself alone in the room where my equipments are installed, and I explore all kinds of sounds, settings on my machines. At some point we feel that something is happening, that a chord sequence is good, or that a drum sound is powerful. Most of the time I work on creating the music, then the lyrics.


What are your "All time Top 3 Songs", right now, in this second?

I think I can cite in particular:
Backstar - David Bowie
Ich Denk an dich - Robert Görl
Royal Morning Blue - Damon Albarn


What's next for you?

Next live in Belfort, France on June 5thWork on the new live set and hope to come and play in Austria very soon!!

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist