Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

A love story: "One summer's day" by Jay Moussa-Mann

Jay Moussa-Mann

Jay’s songs have been played on BBC 6 Music on Tom Robinson’s Mixtape, BBC Tees Introducing and featured in Music Crowns, Skope Magazine, NE Volume, NARC Magazine, Love Life; Love Music and Headstuff. 
Her previous single ‘American Tennessee’ was chosen in the roundup of BBC Introducing Tees Best of 2021. It won Track of the Week on BBC Tees Introducing and has been broadcast on Amazing Radio and Roxanne de Bastion’s Monday Morning Shake Up Show on Boogaloo Radio.




Jay Moussa-Mann is ...?

...a singer-songwriter and filmmaker living in the North East of the UK telling stories of love and heartache through songs


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I'm not sure. I remember singing and writing songs since I was little. I think various people helped me develop and learn music and songwriting, but it was always there in me. No one inspired me to make music I just did.


Your latest release "One summer's day" sounds great, what's the story behind the song?

The story is based on real life events from a time I was living in Turkey, getting my driving license and had this one summer that was just really fun about a romance that never was
It evokes a time of escape and freedom, I hope people feel that when they listen to it. Best for hot, sunny road trips I'd say!


How would you describe your creative process?

I get an idea, a hook for a song or a vibe and then I just work really really hard at developing the song and trying to create the feeling I want through the production. I will always try and get the song written first so it sounds good on its own - just on piano or guitar - before I start working on the production. I always feel it works better if the initial song is great just on guitar without anything else.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Anyone who is kind, genuine and not out solely for their own agenda. It's much more fun that way, rather than working with an ego


What are your "All time Top 3 Songs", right now, in this second?

Four Moons - Mandy Moore
Don't Lose Sight (Acoustic) - Lawrence
Cate's Brother by Maisie Peters


What’s next for you?

I'll be bringing out an album later this year (One Summer's Day is on it!) I'm working on a podcast for NARC Magazine focused on women in music production (https://youtu.be/kfDrRbibRkM) and I'm working on some ideas for short films around my music soon - so follow my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8BPd-cnhJ_8cinjkveE0NQ







Artists of the Week! - The Playlist