Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

Emotions of love and longing: "I don't wanna leave your house no more” by Nana M. Rose

Nana M. Rose

Nana M. Rose

As a child, Nana started playing the violin, the classical influence of which is still reflected in her carefully crafted melodies and arrangements.
Her songs are reminiscent of Adele’s stirring style and have a dreamy, cinematic flair evocative of Lana del Rey. Before the pandemic, Nana toured the UK, New York and The Netherlands, and has most recently performed all across the Netherlands as part of the 2021 Popronde selection.




Nana M. Rose is ..?

Nana M. Rose, singer&songwriter
I’m a singer songwriter from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and I like to write cinematic, dreamy songs that often get compared to Lana Del Rey or Adele.


How did you get into music?

I’ve always loved music and I played violin from when I was 6 years old, but it wasn’t until I was 16 that I started thinking about music as a professional career. 
When I was 16 my parents gave me a keyboard for my birthday and I started playing chords to accompany myself when I wanted to sing covers. Soon I started writing songs myself and performing at showcases in my high school. This is where I fell in love with performing and I basically just loved it too much to stop after this!


What was your inspiration for "I don't wanna leave your house no more”?

It’s about the emotions, the love and the longing, I experience while being in a long distance relationship. It’s basically written on one of those Sunday nights I drove back home but actually didn’t ‘’wanna leave your house no more’’!


How would you describe the Indie Scene in Rotterdam?

There’s lots of amazing independent artists in Rotterdam, and I feel like the scene keeps growing and growing and slowly getting the recognition it deserves!


Social Media ... is it fun or simply annoying?

Nana M. Rose, Rotterdam
I used to think of social media as simply annoying but in the last few years I learned to see the bright side of it too. I don’t like the addictive side of things, but I found it’s a great way to stay in touch with fans and engage with them and this is very valuable to me.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

If dreaming is allowed.. I would absolutely love to write with Celeste - I think she’s a fantastic songwriter.


What do you need for the perfect breakfast?

My perfect breakfast is soy yoghurt with lots of fruit, nuts, seeds and raisins. My stomach can’t handle much in the early mornings but it does love this!


What's next for you?

The last couple of months I’ve spent in London working on my next EP. We are currently working on the last bits to finish this and then hopefully we can start releasing soon!




Photo Credits: Rebecca Weltner, Felt Cute Photo

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist