Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

Enigmatic riffs with wonky electronics: "Battle Scars" by Future Cavemen

Joe Tennant - Future Cavemen

Future Cavemen

... has returned with the defiant new single: “Battle Scars”. Following his beguiling EP ‘II’ released earlier this year, the new cut sees Future Cavemen blend enigmatic riffs with wonky electronics that tingle with electricity and squirm amidst fuzzy reverb and jangling percussion. “Battle Scars” owes to a range of retro influences whilst simultaneously making a break for the offbeat allure of the future.

spotify     soundcloud     bandcamp     youtube     instagram     tiktok


Q&A

Future Cavemen is ...?

I’m Joe Tennant - Future Cavemen is a music project I started in 2021. It began as a release only / solo project coming out of the pandemic, I had always intended for it to develop into a full band and that is gradually beginning to happen. Mikey Foulerton has recently joined on bass/synths/backing-vocals and Sam Hobson on guitars.


How did you get into music, what were your first steps?

I was obsessed with football until the age of nine when I first heard "Jumpin Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones. Something changed in me after that and music is just something I've had to do ever since. 
I don't think anybody took me seriously when I said I wanted to learn guitar but I kept up the hustle for a few months until my mum agreed to let me have lessons. Honestly, since then it has been the only thing that drives me.


"Battle Scars" it's a great indie rock piece with a slightly retro touch , what was your inspiration, what's the story behind the song?

Thank you very much. When I first started putting ideas down for Battle Scars I was living in a 1970s block of flats in London, overlooking Clissold Park on one side and continuous building works on the other. 
There were only small windows of time to record anything without disturbing neighbours, or having my efforts swallowed by relentless engine noise. I was getting into mangling electronic stock beats and playing with synthesisers, wanting to freshen up my guitar-based approach. Lyrics just happened like a subconscious brainstorm, a stream on consciousness, a collection of thoughts from that period of my life.

The music scene in Somerset is ...?

I would say pretty non-existent. Even in the city of Bath, music venues are very sparse. Growing up in Somerset was frustrating for a kid with musical aspirations. Serious bands tend to travel to Bristol, Brighton or London for shows. 
I would really like to change this though, I think Bath has a lot of potential for a music scene, we're hoping put on some DIY shows here from the end of the year.. I think this city is in need of it.


Your "All time Top 3 Songs" right now, in this second are ...?

I Had A Dream That You Were Mine - Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam
When Your Number Isn't Up - Mark Lanegan Band
Rocks Off - Rolling Stones


Are there any gigs planned this summer or fall?

We have a Live In Session performance for BBC Upload (Bristol) on the week of August 1st. Tune into Radio Bristol from 7pm to hear us perform two live/stripped tracks every day of that week.



What’s next for you?

We're going to continue to release new music! Next single is due out in September. At the same time, more people are joining the project, we're becoming more of a tribe and we will be out doing shows later this year.


Photo credits: Shane Fennelly

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist