Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

... trying to fit into life on Earth: "Out my shell" by She's Mine

She's Mine
She's Mine

... credits influences such as Talking Heads, The Clash, Laurie Anderson, Peter Gabriel - all artists her parents had on in the house - but also to Katy Perry, Jessie J, Crystal Castles and Kate Nash, who all featured in her CD collection that she danced to in her room at aged eight.

shesmine.co.uk     spotify     soundcloud     bandcamp     youtube     instagram

She's Mine is...?

...my stage name! I'm an American-born, British- raised, Singer-Songwriter based in Manchester. "She’s Mine" is an artist unafraid of pushing boundaries, veering from Hip-Hop, to sauntering pop avant-gardism. 
Daughter of a Veterinarian and a Web Developer, I was born in San Francisco into the wake of the punk scene, and moved to the UK at the age of five.


How did you get into music?


I started playing the violin at six
after being inspired by Eric Carle’s book ‘I See A Song’ and discovered my love for singing when I spontaneously walked into an audition for a school concert. 
My debut single 'It’s All to be Reversed', following my debut album She’s Mine, caught the attention of BBC Radio Manchester and BBC Introducing in Scotland, which was so cool!


What's the story behind your song "Out my shell"?

Out My Shell is a homage to FKA Twigs, exploring themes of feeling like an outcast with verses written as a narrative about being an alien trying to fit into life on Earth. It's about embracing feeling different.


What's in your opinion the hardest part concerning songwriting?

Blending sections together! I often write songs in parts so sometimes I get halfway through, burn-out and think "where can I go from here". It definitely makes for some interesting pieces of music when I don't get it right.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Oh man, no many people. Kate Bush!? Bat for Lashes? FKA Twigs? Doja Cat? Any of them would be a dream to work with, although I'd probably have mad imposter-syndrome.


What was the last song where you turned up the volume?

Probably "Measure of a man" by FKA when the beat comes in or basically anything Doja Cat has ever done haha.


What’s next for you?

I have a third single, Closed Doors, releasing in September, which also combines dark lyrical themes, sonic bursts and titillating vocals reminiscent of Kate Bush. I'm still working on it, but I can't wait! You can keep up with it at shesmine.co.uk



SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist