Skip to main content

Featured

Caught Between Reality and Reverie: “Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite

“Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite “Woman in the Window” emerges like a delicate mist, its tendrils weaving through the listener’s senses. In the quietude of indie-folk, Elizabeth Cuite’s artistry blooms, inspired by the shadows of unfulfilled promises and the ache of longing. Each note is a dab of color on a canvas of emotions, and the resulting work is both haunting and exquisite.  The guitar strings resonate like whispered secrets, and Cuite’s voice, clear yet imbued with vulnerability, paints vivid scenes. The musical arrangement moves with delicate precision, honoring the essence of the story. The gentle plucking of the acoustic guitar echoes softly, akin to the sound of steps traversing an old wooden floor. Cuite’s poetic prowess writes tales of missed opportunities, of paths not taken, and of love that lingers like a half-remembered melody. Her words are fragile, yet they carry entire musical universes within.  Elizabeth Cuite blends indie-pop nuances with folk, creatin

Achtung Amazing Debut: "Pink Vision" by Margo

Margo

Margo

In her songs, 22-year-old Margo from Cologne tells of love in all its facets, of forest girls, underwater dreams and lonely astronauts. She writes her songs on the piano, influenced by 70s greats like Stevie Wonder and David Bowie, as well as modern artists like Arlo Parks or Alice Phoebe Lou.

instagram     tiktok     youtube     spotify



How would you describe yourself, Margo?

I‘d say I‘m a very creative person, who needs to express myself. I love to spend time with all kinds of people and try out new things, but afterwards I need to take a lot of alone time and process everything to eventually turn my experiences into songs.


What's the story behind your debut release "Pink Vision"?

I wrote Pink Vision almost two years ago in the summer, when I had the biggest crush on someone I knew I couldn’t have. It’s a song about how we perceive everything a little differently when we are in love. How everything seems slightly more exciting than before. It‘s also about how little control we have over who we fancy and how our brains just have to deal with it.
When I wrote Pink Vision, I came to the conclusion that I don’t have to take everything too seriously and that sometimes it’s just really fun to have a crush.


What's the most difficult part of recording a song?

Margo, Cologne
I‘d say the most difficult but also most beautiful part are the endless possibilities. I work together with two producers I met at the Popkurs in Hamburg, which is a great place to meet musicians and get creative in Songwriting Sessions.
Sometimes we can’t make up our minds on where to take a song in the beginning, or eventually when to stop. There are so many sounds to explore and so much room for experimentation, it can be hard to step away.


Cologne ... your capital of the world or a good place to start a music career?

I have been living in London for a year, which was very cool and inspiring since I’m a big fan of the UK music scene. I also recorded my very first song over there.
Then I moved to Cologne to study music and I love it! Right now I can’t imagine to live anywhere else. I study together with jazz players, I live in a complex where half of the people are musicians and there are concerts everyday.
I‘d say it‘s one of the best places in Germany to start music career. It‘s very much a bubble, and you don’t get to see that much of the real world sometimes, but right now I completely enjoy it and it‘s where I need to be.


The last artist who impressed you was ...?

Lately I‘ve been listening a lot to the new album of Beabadoobee. I really like her songwriting style and her sound is very unique and sometimes unexpected I think. Also she is just the coolest person ever and I love her whole aesthetic.


What's next for you?

I‘m going to release a few more singles this year. Maybe an EP sometime. For the winter I am planning a tour through northern and western Germany with another songwriter called Mathis Becker. 
We are going to travel with his Dad‘s VW Camping van and try to play as much as we can. So the biggest goal for me right now is to work on my live performance with my band as well as on my own with only my piano and try to get my music out there!

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist