Skip to main content

Featured

From Vintage Tapes to Modern Waves: SFMD’s ‘Diving Board’ Revives the '80s!

“Diving Board” by SFMD Emerging from the vibrant heart of Liège , a band has surfaced, encapsulating the quintessence of a nostalgic epoch with a contemporary flourish. SFMD, an illustrious Belgian collective hailing from the Francophone sector, has been meticulously sculpting a distinct niche within the musical cosmos, harmonizing an eclectic fusion of Synthwave and pop elements. Incepted in the twilight of the 2000s, SFMD has unveiled two auditory compilations that have garnered acclamation from aficionados within Belgium and the international expanse. The ensemble’s constituents are progenies of the 1980s,  a decade enshrined within their sonic creations. Their oeuvre is a homage to the emblematic resonances, harmonies, and visual artistry of their formative years. Esteemed bands such as Depeche Mode, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, coupled with virtuosos like David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder, have indelibly influenced their artistic odyssey.   SFMD’s most recent oeuvre, “Diving Board,” un

Enjoy the simple things of life: "Just the touch of my hands" by Ninni



Ninni is ...?

... simply a person who loves listening to music, I really like listening to bands, artists live as it’s always a chance to learn from them. As a musician I started as a bassist playing a lot with Italian ethno, rock, punk and folk indie songwriters and bands, and with one in particular I had the opportunity to tour Canada in 2019 and also had the chance to play a few gigs in London with another ethno Italian musician. 
I’ve always studied and played classical guitar a lot as I have always been into classical music and a couple of years ago, I started to write a bunch of songs with my guitar and sing them.



What or who was your inspiration for "Just the touch of my hands"?

I was inspired by the Myth of King Midas who wished that everything he touched would turn into gold but my version of the story is slightly different: he doesn’t change everything he touches into gold but he just makes people happier and more positive in life by touching and reminding them that happiness lies in enjoying the simple things of life.


When do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

Very good question to ask! I think it isn’t a matter of deciding but of feeling it! I haven’t signed for any record labels so far( not because I didn’t want to) and this has given me the freedom to release my music whenever I feel it! With ‘Just the Touch of My Hands’ I just want to make people smile and be happier.


Any chance to see you somewhere live on stage?

I’m focusing on writing a lot of songs at the moment and hopefully I’ll be called to play gigs abroad, I would be really happy about it!


What can we expect from you in the near future?

I’ve been working on songs that have a different sound, more experimental stuff. Fingers crossed!

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist