Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

A Love Story: "Love Suicide" by Julie Hicklin

Julie Hicklin

Julie Hicklin

... is a London based Singer/Songwriter with a gift for top line melody and hook lines. Julie’s voice is a sensual, versatile partner for many genres including Electronic Pop, Breaks, Trip-hop, Drum & Bass and EDM.
She has collaborated with numerous producers, musicians and writers and provided material for labels including Mutesong, Polygram, Botchit, ZTT and Warners, Julie has also written top lines for TV ads including Evian, Freshbrew and Fabergé, pitched for major ad campaigns and showcased on BBC Soundtracks.
Having been a featured Artist/Writer on various projects and a member of bands Laykkah, The Feline Collage, Lux and Siren, she has now launched a solo project under her own name.



How would you describe the artist Julie Hicklin?

I adore the process of creating a song from basic ideas and watching/feeling/hearing it come together, that's probably my favourite part of being an artist. I want to communicate my thoughts and feelings through my music to an ever growing audience to touch them with relatable material.


Do you remember your first steps in music?

As a young child I began writing songs and singing them to family and got a bunch of girls together for a very early girlband.


What was your inspiration for "Love Suicide"?

I was in a relationship with a wonderful person but I knew that we had no future as a couple. I loved him but wasn't in love so had to break his heart and finish us which caused us both pain.


Any chance to see you somewhere live on stage?

My last gig was almost a year ago, I miss live performance but this year has had a few challenges for me so I have had to concentrate on creating, recording and promoting myself.. If any promoters out there are reading this, that would like to offer me a slot, please do.


Social Media ... is it fun or simply annoying?

It can be both, it can be time consuming but is necessary to elevate a presence to gain traction for your art. I wish I understood algorithms though!!


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

I love to collaborate and do regularly with Las Bibas from Vizcaya who is a total inspiration to me in that they are super focussed and relentless but the results are proof that that is the only way. I'm open to collaboration, maybe JB Dunckel would be a dream for me...


Your Top 3 Songs, right now, in this second are...?

1. Ur Mum by Wetleg, 
2. still loving As It Was by Harry Styles and 
3. Physical by Dua Lipa 
to get me inspired to exercise haha.


What's next for you?

After a full campaign on my current single Love Suicide, I have plans to release more solo material and collabs that I've worked on are in the pipeline for release.



Photo credits: Jordan Owen

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist