Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

Anger and frustration about the system: "No Sympathy" by Joe Billy

Joe Billy, New Jersey

Joe Billy

Joe Billy is the angsty introspective soundtrack to your everyday existentialism. His acoustic punk style sound is taken to the next level with intelligent lyricism, energetic and upbeat music, and passionate authenticity. 
With intent to provoke thought, open your mind, and feel like you belong somewhere in this crazy world, his whimsical, self aware cynicism and his uplifting compassion bring you in and unify us all.




Joe Billy is..?

“Joe Billy” is not only my actual name, it’s also the artist name for my solo music. I am actually primarily a drummer; I started playing in 2010 and continue to work with a wide variety of bands. But, in 2016 I decided to pursue writing my own material as a solo musician. 
I picked up my family’s old acoustic guitar, learned a couple chords, and started screaming my thoughts and feelings over simple progressions. Later that year I released my first album, “Censor This.” Fast forward to now, where I’ve played countless shows, matured as a person and musician, and am releasing material off my 4th full length album.


Do you remember the first artist who impressed you?

I’d say the first to “impress” me would have been Green Day. I had listened to a lot of bands as a kid, but once I heard “American Idiot” my whole life changed. I had a HUGE Green Day phase when I was like 14 haha. 
They just took punk rock and made it their own thing and the way they wrote songs and got their messages across was just something I’d never heard up until that point.


"No Sympathy" sounds really great , what's the story behind it?

Thank you! So I think the origin of this song came from me listening to a lot of Anti-Flag one day. I got home and was just feeling all this anger and frustration about the system we live under in the US and how it has basically been set up from the beginning to keep marginalized people in poverty. 
And on top of that, how it’s gotten to a point where not only the people in power, but many average citizens as well, just look at poor folk as pathetic and unworthy of assistance or aid. As if there’s no sympathy, humanity or empathy left.


What can our readers expect from your upcoming Album "Fissure"?

First off, Fissure is honestly the best material I’ve written yet. I love every song on this album, and I’ve branched out quite a bit with this one, so I hope folks dig it.
The album has an overarching theme of the various ways we can experience division, conflict, and the like. From society, to politics, to communities, to personal connections, to inner struggles; this album is hard hitting, loud, emotional, thought provoking, and intense.
I’d say if you’re fans of Flogging Molly, Frank Turner, Against Me, Anti-Flag, and bands like that, then this album will have something for you.


How would you describe the Indie Scene in your Hometown?

There’s actually A LOT of music happening in northern New Jersey. There are so many musicians, and always shows happening somewhere, and so many awesome bands and artists. 
We honestly have musicians and acts of all shapes and sizes and genres, it’s pretty diverse over here. Very supportive too; I love playing shows and meeting new friends and helping each other out with shows and stuff, it’s great. Very strong DIY ethic too.


Your most listened song at the moment is ...?

Oh boy, there’s so many! This is totally out of left field, but lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Slipknot again. I was a big fan as a kid, and got inspired recently to listen to more of their discography, and one song I keep getting stuck in my head is “Psychosocial.” That song slaps.


What's next for you?

Well, currently, I am releasing a new single every 3 weeks, which will ultimately culminate into my new album, “Fissure.” The singles are releasing on streaming platforms, but the album won’t be fully released until February 2023. 
HOWEVER, for those who really want the album for themselves, they can purchase it for only $10 on my website for download!
Aside from that, I’m always playing shows, and I’m rolling out new merchandise little by little. I just dropped new t-shirts for the “Fissure” album artwork and I’m super happy with them!
For anyone who wants to stay updated on things I do, you can follow me on streaming platforms, my social medias are all @joebillymusic, and you can join my email list through my website joebillymusic.com. Thanks so much!




Artists of the Week! - The Playlist