Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

Feelings and memories of a growing up: "In my Hometown" by Gilad

Gilad Hesseg (Hebrew: גלעד השג)

Gilad

Gilad Hesseg (Hebrew: גלעד השג) is an Israeli folk rock singer-songwriter and composer. He has been active in the field of Israeli music for the best part of his life and has composed and recorded numerous songs, using his own and others’ lyrics. He has written and recorded the music for several musicals, and produced and directed a variety of music projects of Israeli song and music.

facebook     instagram     twitter     spotify     bandcamp     youtube

Gilad is ..?

... an Israeli Indie singer and songwriter releasing his 3rd album, As Time Goes By. His previous album Hidden Flame, combined Gilad's unique music style with classic poems by Edgar Allen Poe, Hemmingway, Kipling, and Frances E. W. Harper for which he received a personal thankyou letter from President Barack Obama.
This is the first time Gilad writes his own lyrics as well as the music. Gilad performs his own original music on stage, radio and TV. He has been commissioned to write music for theater, choir, and orchestra.
In My Hometown is Gilad's second release from his new album, which he dedicates to his friends in the town he grew up in. This is a song about growing up in the 80s', spending most of the time outside, with a very special group of friends, playing, having fun, and falling in love.


When did you recognize your songwriting talent?

At the age of 13 I started music lessons with an alternative piano teacher in a group setting. It was very unconventional. I remember singing solfeggio to This Is My Life by Billy Joel and having to notate the melody away from the piano. 
Later on, the teacher, creatively challenged the class to compose several versions of melody and harmony to a poem of her choice. I noticed that the kids in class really liked my songwriting. 
The poem I composed was by Israeli/Russian poet, Rachael. Fifteen years later, my first album was dedicated to her poetry and the impetus for my distinctive genre style was born.


What was your inspiration/reason to write the song "In my Hometown"?

I think it was the fact that my mother sold our old house and it steered up feelings and memories of my growing up and the neighborhood I grew up in. 
The strongest memory that flows throughout the song was the girl I fell in love with. Everything about growing up in my hometown still reminds me of her and us as teenagers.


How would you describe the music scene in Israel?

Very vibrant and very crowded as Israel is a small country and there are many talented musicians from numerus jenners. For that reason, it's even harder for musicians who write and perform in English like myself.


Any chance for your fans to see you somewhere live on stage?

Sadly, not at the moment. I'm concentrating on finishing the album. I'm married with three kids and a great day job so I'm working on my music in the evenings. That's why it takes more time to release the music and to build a new show. I'm performing a little bit with my old band just to keep in shape.


What's next for you?

My next track is titled MAKING UP and I plan on releasing it around the end of November. I'm working on three more tracks and I will release them every 2-3 months.

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist