Skip to main content

Featured

Nostalgic Authenticity: “Big Time” by Rogue FX and Mayah Camara

“Big Time” by Rogue FX and Mayah Camara Today, we’re opening the gates to our blog in classic style – classic '80s synth-pop, to be precise. Whenever the words ‘80s’ and ‘synth-pop’ are mentioned, Rogue FX is never far behind. Drawn to the essence of that decade, he dives deep to retrieve a flawless pearl and then showcases it in his musical shop window.  His latest track is called “Big Time,” a collaborative project with Retrowave/Nu-Soul artist Mayah Camara . The story revolves around a relationship at a crossroads, caused by the success and fame of one partner who has reached the “big time” mentioned in the title. Jealousy and insecurity take hold, but there’s a shared hope that the relationship can survive and grow.  Rogue FX cleverly packages this story in the big-city vibe of the '80s, creating an emotional counterpoint to the relationship through his astute selection of sound and rhythm – the big-time lifestyle of that era. From the start, the listener experiences the

Learning to fight negative voices: "Don’t You Let ‘Em" by BAYWUD

BAYWUD

BAYWUD

... is an L.A. based indie artist, songwriter and musician, classically trained on the piano. He was raised in Tyler, TX and later studied film at Loyola Marymount University (LMU) in LA. BAYWUD songs have received airplay on many radio stations internationally. His music continues to receive praise from blogs all over the world. A debut album is set for 2022



Who is the ‘human’ behind the artist BAYWUD?

BAYWUD, L.A.
When I think about this question, it makes me think of all the things that I value in life, and the things that I consider important to me. 
I think kindness is very close to the top of that list. There is just so much torture and hate in our world, and nothing boils my blood more than a bully or seeing someone mistreated for any reason. It’s also what inspires me to write.



Do you remember your first steps in music?

I think it started with some silly performance I did when I was 6 or 7. It’s a little embarrassing. I don’t even remember exactly what it was, but that I was dressed in a clown suit and had to sing something for a school play. 
I don’t even remember the song, but I do remember the feelings that I felt, and they were magical. It was that experience that led me to learn piano and begin my journey with music.


What was your inspiration for ‘Don’t You Let ‘Em’?

I have struggled on and off with anxiety and depression for most of my adult life. It’s usually something I can manage. But I was really struggling at that time, and I was in a very dark place again. It wasn’t until I got some help and came out of it that I got inspired to write the song. 
It’s a song about depression, but also a song about overcoming and learning to fight those negative voices in our heads that tell us we’re not good enough and that we’re unworthy.


Your first ever self-written song was about?

BAYWUD, Folk Music
It was called ‘broken wings’ and it was written about a breakup I was going through at the time.



Any chance to see somewhere live on stage

Yes there will be in the future. If you follow me on spotify or Instagram, I always update when and where I’ll have a show.


What’s next for you?

I’ll be releasing a few more singles until my album is released later this year. Other than that, I’ll continue to make music that I love, explore different producers I can work with and create with, and just continue on…

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist